Guys: Would you date a girl with scars?

i'm talking about Self harm scars, would it turn you off or would you be okay with it as long as she isn't still harming herself?

What are your personal thoughts on people who self harm?

Most Helpful Guy

• no, they dont turn me off... they are just there... plus it really only matters if you are ok with yourself. that may sound a bit strange but your body is for you. whether it be a turn off or not, you must be comfortable and confident with who you are. i always hear everyone say in movies and shit, "you complete me". no one person should complete you. you should need no validation from anyone else. be the person you want to be and say essentially fuck you to those that think you are less. so in my opinion you should treat your scars like trophies saying that you got through a difficult time. my ex cut and did other things and i was proud of her that she stopped. it doesn't mean that you are weak or a stupid young girl but a strong woman that got through a tough time in her life. :) you gotta be you honey lol

What Guys Said 10

• Personally I wouldn't date a girl with those types of scars- but not for the reason most would think. I would feel like i was under a lot of pressure to prevent anything like that from happening to her again; And Id rather her stay happy alone then get worse with something i may not be able to provide for her

• Yes. I've dated 'em before and scars are better than tats imho.

• I would have to help her to heal, so yes.

• I would be ok actually

• I'd be ok with it.

• The scars themselves aren't turn offs to me... it's the fact that they show she's kind of unstable.

• At first ill be a little bit scared maybe as time goes on it will sink in and get used to her

• Only if that part of their life was over. I can deal with scars, but not a girl that still hurts herself.

• I'm okay with that as long as she is no longer self harming. I've been in some pretty dark places myself which I would rather not dwell on. I've got no problem with supporting my partner through those issues if they come up again, but I can't drag someone else up from the bottom.

To be brutally honest. Self harm has always struck me as a childish way to deal with negative emotions. But I think that has been more coloured by some of the 'alternative' kids I hung out with at school who did it to try and be cool in some deluded way.
    I'm aware that is pretty unfair, especially from someone who has his own share of self inflicted scars (broken arm from punching a wall, self explanitory scar up the inside arm etc). But I've dated more than my fair share of 'damaged' individuals, several bearing scars from such things. Eveyone has done something stupid at one point in their life, and depression is a better justification than most.

Also: My first anonymous post. Go me.

• I myself have gone through self harm and am still struggling. If i really liked the girl i would go out with her, but if she was just okay i think id have to put myself first, because i know how difficult it can get when you are both so hard on yourselves, that it just doesn't work

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend kisses mine all the time.
    Other guys have gotten freaked out by them and ran away. Some guys are ready to help a girl, and some aren't👍