How To Tell A Guy You Like Him?

We both like each other. We both flirt. I'm planning on making the first move. How should I do it without it being awkward? Guys, if a girl likes you, how would you want her to approach you? Girls, what is a cute way of saying it? I'm thinking about pulling him to the side or somewhere in private to tell him. I'm sooooo nervous it ridiculous.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, I think you should ask them to "hang out." If you guys have something in common, just say "let's go do this!" You can also try to see when he is free to do things. You don't need to tell him straight up that you like him before a date. That may come off too strong. Another thing you can try is to complement him.

Take things slow, go have fun. When the right moment presents itself (ie during movie time/cuddling), just tell him that you like him.

• How does this sound? "Hey, are you doing anything Saturday night? I'm thinking about going bowling, would you like to come along"? Is that too much?

• Wow, I didn't even know that.

• I like the walking around idea was. That was my first "date" with a female friend of mine, but we're just friends... it was still nice.

What Guys Said 11

• Here's what my crush would say to me in a perfect world: "Hey DarkHumorRUs, you know, I really like you. Would you want to be my boyfriend forever and ever?"

Of course, you might have to modify that a bit. And yes of course you should do it in private. It's okay to be nervous but if he's a decent guy at all, it'll be fine.

• That sounds really easy, but having the confidence to walk up to him is nerve-wracking.

• I'm with you on that one. How to say it properly without stuttering.

• Maybe not stuttering for me. I am just INCREDIBLY hesitant. If we go out to lunch, I'll probably never be able to stop thinking about telling her I like her and it'll make me nervous or something, even though I've known her for a long time.

• First off I want to give you a virtual standing ovation *much clapping**many congrats* for being brave enough to make the first move!

I would want to just be straight up told. Be straight forward and look him in the eyes and tell him how you feel! Tell him why you like him and if it were me, I would melt!

Good Luck!

• To add to the first part. What you are doing by making the first move and avoiding the mind games is how 99.9% of men on the planet would like it to happen!

While men know it's usually up to them to start things, a lot of girls think there needs to be some kind of "chase" and that's just simply not true. Therefore you get *much clapping**many congrats*.

• I'm realizing over the past few times seeing my crush that her eyes are like my favorite.

• I think that goes for most guys lol.

• Let me tell you, a simple ''hi, how are you'' is enough for girl to approach me.
    However, guys need to work more on this opening line ;)

• When I walk into the office he would say that too me. Then, I'll blush like an idiot. LOL

• Haha. I hope he had lead the interaction after that.
      Good luck

• Thanks (:

• Just say "Hi" and follow with a compliment that leads into a conversation. Something like "Hi, you're cute..." or "Hi, you have really pretty eyes...".

• After giving somebody a compliment, what should I say to start off a conversation?

• @Waterways that doesn't even make sense unless you are just talking to him for the first time. I don't see how this applies... she said they already flirt. So flirt more, then tell him.

• @DarkHumorRUs
      Yeah, I know. It's just that the relationship wasn't clearly established and I don't exactly get how the question and the first two sentences fit together since it seems the mutual like is already established so I just used a more general case.

• In private prefferably once we already have a conversation. Then just bring it up ^^.

• Boldly,"ha i like you what do you think about that"so simple

• Don't be nervous, he probably will be so releaved and he's probably nervous as well.

• How should I say it?

• Girls make things waaaaaayyyyyy to complicated. Just tell him and he will be happy.

• I can agree with you on that one. Hahaha

• Tell him you like him.

• Go up to his body and say "I like you."

• (dont worry so much about being nervous and shy because its sweet and its ok i dont bite) just walk up to me and tell me your feelings and what you want, and why your their, be sweet to me, give lots of long hugs or never let go, maybe give me kisses, dont hold back anything you want to do, be forward, look at me in the eye with love in your eyes and tell me you love me and you want me, simple as that just remember im a guy whos going to love you cause i love girls and i want a girlfriend

• I've never initially came right out and told a girl I liked her. It just happened until it happened hints why I've only had 2 girls lol

• Should I drop little hints for him?

• Thanks for your advice. :)

• You're very welcome :)

What Girls Said 4

• 0|0
  • Well, when I did it a few months ago, it was in the most awkward way possible, so don't do it like I did. I literally approached him at his his locker and told him I liked him. Don't do that lol. Go about it casually. Try to lead into a conversation about dating or friendship, and be like "So what are we? We're not just friends, right?". That or just ask him out on a date. That'd get the message across. Good luck :)

• LOL I'm not in HS. This is somebody I use to work with. :)

• Ahhh, okay thanks for your advice. :)

• No problem :)

• Personally, I would just invite him to hang out (maybe to a movie and dinner), flirt ;), have a great time, and tell him~ Just pulling him to the side randomly in the day may be awkward! Just try to have fun and be yourself~

• How does this sound? "Hey, are you doing anything Saturday night? I'm thinking about going bowling, would you like to come along"?

• Sounds good!! :))) Go for it~~~~ <3

• Yay!!! :) thanks for you advice. :)

• Since I try to have this straightforward nature. Just ask him out!

• Wouldn't that be awkward? Hahaha