What non-physical/character trait attracts you to the opposite sex the most?

*Just curious, I'm betting most people on here don't even think about a person's character their dating.

This article help explains why you should, : )

www.psychologytoday.com/.../research-will-change-the-way-you-think-about-dating

The poll is just a few traits, but I'd like to here some not on the poll, so please indulge when answering the question. ; )

• Discipline/Patience
  • Foresight/Wisdom
  • Gentleness/Sensitivity
  • Mental Fortitude/Strength
  • Respectfulness

Most Helpful Girl

• Strong willpower.

• I'm trying to get there, 😉

What Girls Said 14

• Nothing is sexier than a compassionate guy - nothing.

• 😘 , "you need a shoulder to cry then just call on me because I'll always be there."

• Respect for people they believe to be below them. There's a quote that goes something like "you can learn a lot about someone by how they treat people they think can do nothing for them". For example, if I go out on a date and the guy is rude to the waitress just bc he can be, that's a deal breaker.

• Gentleness/Sensitivity
    I like that in a guy

• Humour is an essential but not on your list. I'm going to go with C.

• all of those things are equally top on my list.

I don't know why you assume modest people don't think of personality. i think of attraction of courser but I'm not going for the attraction without the personality. id sooner be single.

• I just don't think people (especially the younger ones) on here are really prioritizing their relationship standards in the order they should be, : )

• well.. i do ;)

• if i have to chose from the list... foresight/wisdom.. but too much of any one character trait just becomes tedious. I like a variety of character traits in someone and if they have a nice balanced variety that is what I find attractive

• I want a guy similar to me. Respectful, goofy, talkative, family-oriented, caring, friendly, adventerous blah blah blah. Not so into the sensitive or impatient type. I can be worsen from time to time so I need him to be patient with me. I don't want him to always be positive because I think its good to consider the consequences and downside of things as well. He should be somewhat intelligent but he shouldn't become one of those smartazzes who think they know it all.

• He should also be an Ambivert, Romantic, Creative, Charismatic, Passionate, Courageous, Hardworking, Playful, Appreciative, Spiritual, Opinionated, Flirty, Understanding, Motivated, and Monogamous. Once again, basically something like a boy version of me

• Please tell me your single 😁 ?

• Ooops my bad. I guess i didn't understand the question correctly. And yea, I am.

• Gentleness, patience, and respectfulness

• From those, E.

However I mostly am drawn to people with a positive attitude and a zest for life. Its incredibly magnetic.

• Strength. Patience because I can get stupid and annoying. Gentleness. Sacrifice.

• Respectfulness & intelligence

• Intelligence.

• Intelligent in a good way, I hope.

• What does intelligence do for you in the long run?
      I mean it's an attractive quality but does they have anything to do with someone's character/heart 😳?

• It might not be their "heart" but your intelligence is a big part of you. For me personally I like to talk to people I can discuss complex topics with and people who can teach me things. I couldn't date someone who's unintelligent. Its a huge huge huge factor for me.
      But if we're talking about the heart, then I like sensitivity a lot as well. I like guys who cry and talk about how they feel. That's really rare though.

• Mental fortitude/strength because I love how he could be you legs when you can't stand on your own and he is just their for you.

• I would say above all is to be respectful.

What Guys Said 7

• Friendliness. I don't mean the air headed ditzy "Ah mah gawd, how r yew" sort of shit. I mean legitimate, will come up and say hey, can hold a conversation type of friendliness.

• Gentleness/Sensitivity will place you in the friend zone. I've had about 5 girls told me that I am too nice to date, even though I am very mature for my age (21) and I have a lot of patience...

• We call those girls, "bad girls" because they date "bad boyz", 😣

You and I don't need that type of girl!

• I'd vote C. I like the gentle kind heart some females possess.

• Yes, keyword "some" but some is not 'none', I agree with you.

• A mix of A and C.

I like a girl that is genuinely sweet and gentle, but at the same time will rip me a new one if I mess up and while I screw up will have the patience to let me fix my mistake.

I know. I'm looking for a Unicorn right?

• Definitely B. I love talking to a girl who is smart and interesting, that's like everything to me lol. I can't really explain it because I suck at explain things, but you get the point.

• A Disciplined and patient. My reasoning is because that is me.. and finding a girl that is also disciplined and patient it would be like a match made in heaven.

• All that stuff you listed is very appealing to me.

• Yeah but do any stick out, not to be accusatory but most men would easily be able to point out a single physical trait they like but what about a single character trait, 😉?