Just how important is being rich?

So I've just watched a Documentary called... Science of Sex Appeal.
There's a part about how woman would bump a rotund man who previously got a 4 in the attaction chart to a 10 when they realize he's rich.
And a good looking man from a 10 down to 3 when they realize he's poor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoKA-a5vEEc

"Because I'll probably do a 6 or 7 , because of money"

Now that's just depressing.

The rich already don't need to abide by laws because of their "afflenza"
rt.com/usa/affluenza-drink-driving-prison-879/
They can basically kill average joes with impunity.
therealsingapore.com/.../driver-who-ran-red-light-and-killed-motorcyclist-escapes-jail-term

They control the country with corporate lobbying and all sort of back hand dealings.
s27.postimg.org/.../corporate_lobbying_bomb.jpg

They also get all the woman "because of money *grin"

Go anon if you want to , but I wanna ask , just how important is a man's wealth to you?

Would you date Donald Trump?
http://s27.postimg.org/cpxg3kv9t/trump.jpg

• Five
  • Four
  • Three
  • Two
  • One

Most Helpful Girl

• I want a guy with ambition. I grew up below middle class and it was awful. Therefor yes, I want a guy who is not lazy like my dad and who wants the finer things in life. I never want to worry about finances like I did in my childhood or even now. That's why I'm working my ass off at uni so I can secure a good job too. Ultimately, I'd love to be a housewife and look after my family but I don't know what the future holds so therefor I'm living as if I'll have to get a job someday. Everyone has to start somewhere but I want a man who isn't okay with just settling for the bare minimum. I went through that and it's not something i wish upon anyone. As long as I know a guy has that ambition that I have too, then I'm happy.

• I'd also want to mention that just like guys love using the cave man story to explain their attraction for women and male instincts, us ladies were also taken care of by men in cave men days so it's also a instinct of us to desire that taken care of feeling and to feel safe and protected for. It goes both ways.

• on their beliefs. If you accept something, and think it's OK then you wouldn't feel the need to attack the person. Maybe I understand the term acceptance differently but okay. I'm just going to leave now.

• Thank you <3

What Girls Said 7

• i dont think money matters to me as i already am working very hard to get a good job for myself. But i sure as hell wouldn't want a guy who is lazy, and actually can achieve getting a good job but won't because he can't be bothered and wants to act like a teenager and laze around all day. Somebody with ambition who wants the best for themselves and their family, along with having a good sense of humour would rate a 10, no matter what they earned, as long as they were trying for the best possible

• I dislike rich people they are rude and crazy they think if they have money they own the world I prefer a guy who has a job and who is cute nice sweet faithful and got a worm heart and the important thing he is honest guy I don't mind if he is from Pakistan or any other Race. Money isn't everything people need to learn how to appreciate what they have and not what they doesn't have.

• There are girls out there who are materialistic/the act of caring more about THINGS than people. So, when a rich good looking guy comes across in their lives some of them will act more interested than the average guy with a normal job. Sadly as it sounds, it's true.. but not ALL girls are like that. But many many are.

• He doesn't have to be rich, but he has to be able to take care of himself. So I don't really know how to answer your question. If two guys stood next to me and the only difference between them is that one is rich the other one poor, then yes I would choose the rich one. However if the rich one was ugly and the poor guy was beautiful I would have to look at other things, personality etc.

• I want a stress free life financially. Finance is important. I don't say I need a rich man, I just want financially independent man.

• well how much?
      A mechanic 's pay grade?
      Retail chain manager?
      Accountant?
      Army lieutenant?
      Marketing manager?
      High flying executive?

It is understandable that more will be better but is there a minimum to it?

• "I want a stress free life financially."

There's a simple solution to this. Work. Don't depend on a man to do it for you.

• @alisac
      I didn't say I will not. But I prefer two independent people in the relationship.

• Being rich is not always important. No one can be fully happy and content with just money. But when u like a guy and he's rich... that's just a plus. though getting a little blue box or stones dont hurt once in a while.

girls like being pampered. buut not all are into luxury. just that he can provide. its like 40 percent of the guys masculinity.

• Right now, to be honest, I don't really care, but when looking to settle down and start a family... Money isn't everything, but it's important that he has a good job, and is financially responsible and independent. I come from a family of doctors, and I'm studying to be a pediatrician, so it's not that I'm looking for him to take care of me. I just want to know he can take care of himself, and potentially the family, if anything were to happen to me. I really enjoyed growing up, and I want that kind of life for my kids too. Not having to worry about money, being able to travel, go to a good school, live in a nice neighborhood, take any lessons or classes they're interested in, have college tuition taken care of, etc. While also saving a lot, having enough for retirement, and that kind of thing.

It's part of the reason why I've worked so hard these past years, and will continue to do that. I want a good future. I want to live well. It's the bonus to fulfilling a childhood dream, doing something very challenging but rewarding, something I can love, and being the person I always wanted to be. I remind myself of that every time things get tough.

So I want someone who understands that and lives and thinks similarly. He doesn't have to make the same or more than me or any ridiculous standard like that, but just be decently well off.

What Guys Said 8

• I think being able to financially support yourself (and possibly her) is important to women. The main reason why I'm starting to come to the decision of ignoring women until my 30's is A) i want to focus on completing my main goal, which is to finish up with medical school and joining the Canadian army as a medical officer. This would make me financially stable enough to do the things i want, and get the kind of girls that I want B) girls don't show much interest in me now, largely because i dont have much to offer besides my personality anyways.

• I think some women are attracted to men with money because they are attracted to the money, not the man. These types are labeled "gold diggers" or "shallow". Other women that don't fall into this category and actually care about the man behind the money I think find money attractive because it shows a man has ambition and is actively seeking a high quality of life and she admires that and hopes to be with a man with that characteristic. Be who you are and you will attract both types of women and the ones worth building a relationship won't leave when they find out your bank account size. Regardless, I think money and prestige are highly stressed in our culture so on a subconscious level we are all brainwashed to think money=happiness. This is only the case up until basic needs (house, car, bills, etc.) are met and after that happiness really comes from good relationships. Invest in good people not the stock market and let the douche bag riding in the Ferrari his dad bought him deal with the social climbing gold diggers.

• Wanted to add that I myself am the son of a very wealthy doctor and he did buy me a nice car but I still try to be a good person. Also I am able to buy anything I want except for crazy expensive stuff and I'm very unhappy. I have terrible luck with women despite rolling up in a 40,000 dollar car wearing straight Ralph Lauren and being rich and sophisticated. It's never gotten me a single female. Not one. I do see poorer uglier jerks land chicks weekly so in my experience money doesn't make you more attractive.

• Bah. Wealthy people make me suspicious. How do they hang onto it, when there is so much out there to buy? How do they make all this money? Are they selling babies for sex? Immoral ass-holes!

... Unfortunatly I am more of the starving artist type... don't have a problem with the ladies though.

• It's very important, I can see why women would want someone with money. My mums side of the family are poor working class and dads side are middle. And seeing the difference money makes is huge , when you don't have to worry about paying bills or rent that takes a lot of stress off you. You also get way more opportunities by going to good schools, hanging around with people who have connections.

It's a shame the world is like that And that's why' I support higher taxes for high earners and capital gain tax.

• For most women I think a guy not having a moderate amount is almost a deal breaker. Being rich is obviously a nice bonus. It's personally really important to me. I spend so many hours on getting it.

• i'd do many things if i had money

• Well obviously money matters. Depends on the girl too.

• Of course there is truth in some or even all of that. Rich AND immoral people get away with most anything yes. I still say confidence is the biggest key to being attractive. I have been well off and have been poor. I got as much or even more pussy when I was poor but I am not bother personally if I am not walking around with a wad of cash.