Not Physically Attracted to my Boyfriend?

So my boyfriend and I have known eachother for a while now and we only started dating maybe about a month ago. He's so sweet and kind and caring and he JUST asked me to his schools homecoming last night and I said yes.. The problem is.. I am not physically attracted to him. Like not even enough to makeout with him. He gets so upset when I reject his kisses but I just don't want to. This sounds so shallow and I hate feeling like this but I need help. All my friends think he's unattractive too and I don't want any homecoming pics floating around the internet of me and my unattractive boyfriend. I like him a lot but can I date someone I'm not attracted to? We're both in highschool just by the way if that helps. And a side note, after he asked me to hoco, a bunch of girls ran in to me in the bathroom and they were like "OMG the guy who asked you is so hot, he was the one in the green hat right?" ... the guy in the green hat was my boyfriends best friend... So that didn't make me feel too great.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well first of all, don't let your friends or what people say influence your decisions. People are always going to criticize your choices and who you date, but you need to make up your own mind or you'll always be unhappy. Those same girls making bad comments will turn around and date someone just like him lol

That being said, if YOU don't feel attracted to him, there's nothing you can do about it. You're either physically attracted to someone or you're not; I think any man can attest to this, so don't feel too guilty. If, after homecoming you no longer want to date him, then I think you should make that decision for both of your sakes.

But I think you should go to homecoming with him. You've already made the commitment and said yes. It would be really awful to say "no" now just because a few girls made some comments about his appearance. It's one night, and as you said, he's a sweet guy. Even if it won't be a romantic night, it'll still be a fun night, and then you can choose to separate yourself afterward if you no longer want it.

What Guys Said 4

• you are shallow deal with it everyone is you don't have a boyfriend just lose him before your guilt makes you kiss him or he thinks you are closer to him and you destroy the poor kids heart

• Do you find him unattractive because you actually think he's unattractive?

Or do you find him unattractive because your friends think so?

Sounds like the latter to me

• Proof is in the pudding... Only thing that matters in dating is looks :/

• You need to tell him your not interested now instead of leading him on, by the way this sh*t is f*cked up. If you didn't think he was good enough for you, you shouldn't have gotten his hopes up.

• Did you miss the part where I said I like him a lot? Guess so.

• Yet you can't kiss him because he isn't attractive?

What Girls Said 0