How do I get a girl to like me if I'm shy and awkward and not good looking?

Looking for advice from girls on how to look more noticeable or attractive. I am 21 and girls never gave me the time of day and they never want to date me or hook up. It's obviously not just in my head and a confidence thing if I can't even get a match on dating sites.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there's nothing wrong with your looks :) And you can work on your shyness, it's all in your head. I used to be super shy, unable to speak to guys, like ever. But then, like 4 months ago, I was like fuck it, I'm going to keep telling myself how awesome and confident and talkative I am, and it actually worked XD You can get over it in no time if youtry hard and belie in yourself. As for the awkwardness, I have that problem too. Like, my hugs are the most awkward thing ever XD This I couldn't change, but I've learned to kind of laugh it off everytime something embarrassing happenes. Just because you haven't had a gf yet doesn't mean you never will! Good luck amigo ^_^

What Girls Said 3

• Lol im Awkward To, Just Wait Some Girls Like Awkwardness. Im Sure A Girl Will Come Your Way. I Think You Should Go Out And meet Some Girls. ^_^ Just Talk To Them And flirt.

• Just have a good personality don't swear be honest and girls will see the inside is beautiful... I have a huge crush on a boy who is not real handsome and is super shy but his heart is good and he is polite and honest and that is why I like him.

• woah- just saying you are NOT bad looking! WHAT SO EVER :)

What Guys Said 5

• If you had just a little confidence you could get so many girls to notice you. You are decent looking at least. I definitely know how you feel but at least be glad you don't have to spend 6 months to a year having to lose weight to get to that point like I do. Go and flirt with girls now.

• become outgoing smooth and good looking

• You look fine bro. No homo.

Work on your self-esteem and socialize more, join clubs where you can meet people with shared interests etc.

• The girls ^^ are actually right.

My tip to you is just flirt with them and talk

• If you're too shy you can try therapy, neurofeedback or mindfulness. Awkwardness is caused by anxiety and lack of experience.
    And I think dating sites are not the best sort of dating. A lot of people use facebook, you can try it.