Does being 6 foot REALLY give you an advantage?

I'm 6 foot tall and I don't think it gives me as much as an advantage really. But lots of my shorter friends say they would kill to be my height and I'm not even super tall. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• It opens you up to be able to date both tall and short girls.

What Girls Said 12

• It depends what you look like both face and body wise and also what kind of personality you have.

• Some girls care about height, I personally don't. It might give you an advantage I guess, but not a huge one IMO. The face matters way more, to me anyway ^^

• It definitely does, especially for us taller girls who don't date shorter guys. At 5'10'' myself, I want someone taller, so height is always an added bonus when it comes to a guy

• listen, i'm 5'8 so i am taller than most boys. for me i'm just attracted to taller boys and a boy that's shorter than me it's a deal breaker- i don't know why, but thats how its like. being tall is super hot! most girls like tall guys

• It's usually a preference but most girls won't really make it a hard and fast rule.

• hell yes! especially when we wear heels!!! ;) I like my men 6'2 and up

• Women love tall men. That's why your. friends say they wish to be your height. I love tall men so you will have the advantage to met all sorts of girls

• Taller guys have more advantages.

• Yes it does give you guys an advantage. You know since I'm taller than the height of average girls I always tend to look for taller guys. And yeah sadly for me most guys in my place are short. So being 6' and above is an advantage.

• its not necessary but if you are it is a benefit.. but its even better being so tall and muscular!:)

• Honestly yes.

• If I see two guys walking together. One 5'7 three other 6'0 I'm definitely going to be liking at 6footer first versus the other guy.

What Guys Said 9

• It's because of those damn heels that they love to wear. They still want to be shorter than you even when they've got 6" heels on so if you're over 6', then any girl who's 5'6" or shorter will like you. If you're 6'4", then that increases to 5'8", which encompasses a whole lot of girls. I'm scraping the upper end of 5'9", so my limit is girls below 5'4". Still completely doable but my pool is cut by a lot compared to taller guys.

• Nah, I really don't think so.

I mean, would a girl really lose interest in me if I was an inch or two shorter and I missed that illustrious six foot threshold? I really doubt it.

• Agreed, I think just being taller is more important

• Dude I'm over 6' and it's a huge advantage.. People don't mess with me just because I'm big and I'm decent at some sports without skill. Oh it doesn't hurt that women notice it more too.

• 6 feet is pretty average so I don't see a huge advantage in that.
    But of course it's usually more beneficial than being super short.

• I feel the same way because I'm 6'2", I doesn't feel like anything special at all. Everyone says they would kill for my height but so far the only thing my height has done for me is giving myself head injuries by bumping on things.

• Not the tallest but at 6'2 tall enough to hide stuff on top of cabinets where no one can get it but me!

• Yup being in the Financial services , the bankers especially the ladies will instantly try to solve your queries !!

• the reason being the height offcourse considering most are not even closer to 6

• nope I'm 6'3/6'4 and I have never had a girlfriend

• Definitely does.