Will she look down on me if I make a lot less money than her?

My first date with a girl went well. I like her a lot. I really admire her intelligence. We had great conversation. We just had coffee, but we talked for almost 3 hours! After we parted, she almost immediately sent me a message saying that she wants to hang out again.

I already told her that I don't have much disposable income and that I work in a warehouse. I told her I have a very small apartment in a decent, but not trendy neighborhood. Obviously I didn't ask how much money she makes, but I know that she recently bought a car, and that she works as a Biological Anthropology researcher. She is even joining the Peace Corps next year! I'm not even close to being able to afford a car, but I live and work in Chicago, so I don't need one. I admire her intelligence, but is she going to look down on me because I make less money than her. I am 5 years older than her, and just as educated, but I definitely make less money.

Most Helpful Girl

• All that's so great. Coffee date for 3 hours what more do you need. Coffee gets cold after 10 min so she had so many times to end that date. Coffee dates are more difficult then people think even when you go with friends. Give your self more credit. Communication is key. She has education and so do you. So you both Have school loans. :) The job market is bad ever one knows that. Her job field says she's not materialist person. The new car - good for her who knows how long she had the old one. She's joining the peace corps -sweet she has an open mind and understand life. You have good woman if she's not talking about money you shouldn't. If she's not worried then you shouldn't. Don't focus on what's obvious she sees that already. You got the looks and personality that's all she needs. Be happy with your self so that she can be happy with you and not worry about what she must do to get you on her level. Assuming your not happy with your self or decide not to deal with you because your having difficulty accepting her because of what she has. Trust me your not the only guy in the world that makes less then her. It's probably an issue she has while dating in the past. Get over it fast. The best dates are those that don't require lots of money spent. Your at the beginning. Be romantic dates in the park with a blanket, fruit, 1 rose nothing sweeter. And ahhh make sure the sun Is out lol - have no worries just go for it.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly it depends on the person. Maybe she may sympathize cause she's been in the same situation. Fortunately, not everyone is shallow.

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't sweat it. If she said she wants to see you again, then the chances are she doesn't care all that much. I can't guarantee that she wouldn't mind once she knows you better and see your apartment. But I think the most important thing is how you see yourself. If you carry yourself with dignity and proud of what you do, most girls would not be turned off by that. Also, just a second date.. no harm in that.