When is a good time to ask for someone's phone number?

So I've been getting to know this girl that likes me (i like her too), but I wanna talk to her more. The problem here is that I've yet to see a good opportunity to ask her where it doesn't seem desperate or weird. School just started and i've known her about 3 and a half weeks, she's the first person i've ever liked back and i don't want to mess this up.

is giving her my number on paper a bad way? like, i'll say you should text me sometime, *gives paper*

Most Helpful Girl

• Next time when you are talking to her in person, before you walk away you should totally say "So you should text me sometime" ... also some times when I girl is playing with her phone or brings it out in front of you for even a few seconds that could be away of her showing you "look I have a phone, ask me for my number" It what I use to do it college all the time :)

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 3

• For me…. I would want a guy to ask for my number in a classy fashion…. That would be the best way to do it to me…. Like I doubt that a guy would do this but… if you get a flower and then give it to the girl in person and then ask for her number… not have a friend ask or anything. But the best time would be if you really really really know her and are comfortable speaking your mind to her. And dont ask for her number all big headed… like… "hey you should give me your number", because I would say no if that were the case. So yea… hoped this helped!

• start talking a little in person (not full on convos) then ask asap

• OMG. I have the exact same problem. School started a 3 weeks ago and I like this guy and he likes me back. The difference is that I'm a girl. I don't really know how to help you on this. But good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• You should get talking to her about school and ask her if she wants to have a "study party" at the local cafe/sandwich/coffee place.
    Obviously you two would swap numbers to get plans together.

Its innocent enough, but you get her number and a casual date out of it.

• Don't give her yours. Man up and ask for hers.