Am I dating a gold digger?

So there's this girl I've been dating and she really seems to be into me - she texts my cell all the time and she even told me she loves me. The problem is, I think she could be a gold digger. She's always trying to get me to buy her stuff and asking if I'm gonna bring her presents. I am always paying for everything when we go out, but I am under the assumption that she is rather poor and can't afford it herself (she lives with her mom in a trailer park). She doesn't mind at all going out to fast food places to eat - in fact I think she prefers it. I care for her and I've never felt more comfortable around any other girls. What can I do to find out the truth without hurting her?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a tough situation for me to figure out (because I don't know her personally)... you say she's relatively poor so in some way or another, she may have gold digging tendencies (I can't afford it so it would be nice to associate with someone who can afford it) but she may not ONLY like you for your money or what you can buy her. I knew a girl that came from a pretty wealthy neighborhood and almost every guy she dated spoiled her, bought her things whether she asked or didn't ask so when she met a guy from a different part of town, she expected the same treatment and he assumed she was a gold digger (shes not a gold digger, that was just what she was used to)... in this case, I think she's never had what you give her and she likes it which I don't think she realizes makes her look like a gold digger. if you want to know the truth, pretend like you left your wallet at home one day... offer to do something totally free (no gifts, no paying date) like go to a park or something and see if she STILL has a good time and doesn't bring up gifts or money... if she acts like a brat, she's a gold digger... if she has fun and shows you just as much affection for free as she does when you pay, then maybe she only asks you for things because you give them to her, not because she wants to run you into the poor house...

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with Becca1234, but if she is poor... Its probably a very nice change to be with someone who buys gifts, but it is very inappropriate to ask! Maybe next time, say something like, Is it you Birthday? I don't know, its a tough situation... In the end go with you instinct.. Sorry I couldn't be of more help..

• Just keep observing. In my opinion, that's totally inappropriate that she'd ask for presents. I think that's a red-flag right there. Give it a little more time. True colors come out fast.

What Guys Said 0