Is it possible to be in love at ages 12-14?

There's a guy I have known for three years now and I really care for him. I think I'm in love, because when I talk to him in two times weaker, but when I go without talking to him for a day or two, I feel sad and empty, like now. He already knows I like him, but doesn't know I'm not far from love.

I've tried getting him out of my head, but he's always there. I always miss him.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible, but it's most likely puppy love or a crush at this point. I think everyone's been there at one point or another.

• I'm not sure. Even our parents know I like him, a lot. I guess it is kind of obvious. I even told him I like him. He knows it's been three years.

• True, I mean I'm in eighth and he's in tenth, so nothing might ever happen. Like, we were were playing twenty questions and he asked me how long and why I like him. He started to blush when I told him.

• Then that's a good sign.

What Guys Said 4

• yes it's possible

• You are crushing on him. A little too young though.

• It's not one of those normal crushes where once you date someone else the crush is over. I dated two guys (not at the same time) and while I was dating one, I couldn't help thinking about him. I've always been close to him. I think that's why all my other boyfriends left me. I was never in my right mind. I was always thinking about him. I told my friends this and they haven't said anything to me yet.

• You have a long way to go, so no, there is no love at that age.

• fucking impossible no way its just crushes

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not going to be one of those people on here saying that "14 year olds can't have real emotions and feelings blah blah blah", with that said, I'm more of an advocate for "You can't love someone else until you love yourself" and at 14, hell even 17, you don't fully KNOW yourself. You know who you are right then and there at that age, but quite frankly you haven't had enough life experience to know yourself overall as a person. You're going to look back on stuff you do and think now and just laugh about it. A few years in age makes a difference. Your opinions and views will change, you will change. So to get to the point, I think it's more likely/possible to FEEL like you love someone at 14, but I do think once you get older you'll realize the relationship for what it was, and if it was love then awesome! But most likely, it won't be.

• No. That's a crush. I have had many and almost all fade. Unless you have an annoying crush that won't break.

• It won't break, it's not really annoying either. It's not a school girl crush. It's a literal I can't stop thinking about you one.

• Guess so