Has a girl ever said you are too manly to date?

At work a male colleague asked a female colleague out but she rejected him saying she was not looking for anything.

When I asked her why (because she always harps on about being single) she said that he was "too manly"? I laughed and asked what she meant and she said that she likes less masculine guys.

I have never heard of this but has anybody ever been turned down because they were too masculine/manly?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think she meant he is a dominate type. Almost all women are going to love that when things get sexual but before that it's a toss up as some like it when a guy takes control and others don't like it all especially if she is dominant herself, bisexual, a lesbian or in the closet about it.

• She is quite submissive, if you want to call it that, at work (Always asking me what to do) but I guess that does not mean she would be submissive in a relationship.

• Because they don't think they can handle or satisfy them.

• I never thought guys would be intimidated by specific types of girls (maybe girls in general, yes, but not specific types) but that makes sense

What Guys Said 10

• I did have a one of my homegirls constantly whine about how she's single and that she wants a relationship and had asked me to help her out when we go out to parties and events, but she'd always be turning guys down left and right. When I asked her about she said she really doesn't like the masculine look, I was a bit stumped like uhhhh wtf? Okay, it would have been nice for you to tell me that BEFORE I was your wingman, that night was a complete waste of time in that sense. She's going out with emo guys from what I heard last.

• Hahaha at least you know next time you are a wingman to ask for a specification.

• I DID and she;s the kind of girl who can't make up her mind because she has been with manly guys before and then was single for a longtime. I don't know I guess she's happy now.

• I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything like that (really, I'm not), but the women that have reciprocated interest in me usually say that they're attracted to my masculinity.

I think that it really just depends on the girl. Some will like more masculine guys, some might prefer more feminine guys, and some might prefer androgynous guys. And some might like all of the above. It just is what it is, I guess.

• You are not tooting your own horn! I guess people having varying tastes means there is someone for everyone

• I am honestly not surprised about that.

• Really? People can have other preferences too you know.

Some guys don't like girly girls.
    Some guys like girly girls.
    Some guys don't like tom boys.
    Some guys like tom boys.

The list goes on...

Maybe she likes being independent and doesn't want a "masculine" man to be dominating over her.

• I completely agree on taste. I myself have a tendency towards the skinnier less rugged man but I would not describe them as not manly but just a different kind of manly.

• there are girls that prefer the less masculine types of guys. its true.

• No, never, mostly because I am not masculine at all. And people often don't wonder about dating me for some reason or another.

• They probably wonder but don't tell you

• I guess... albeit I don't really know that many girls. That could be a possible reason behind the lack of abundance in stalkers.

• A real stalker does not reveal themself

• No girls have ever said it, but I've had trouble with girls who think that way I'm the past. They didn't like that I was an assertive male, then tend to prefer guys they can boss around

• I guess two dominant personalities in a relationship would not always be compatible

• Sorry for the typos left and right. I'm using my phone and dealing with auto correct lol.
      But yea, some personalities don't mesh. I wouldn't say I'm dominant, but I'm not afraid to say what I want. I respect my partners thoughts and feelings, and make decisions with those in mind

• Never had that lol :P

• gime that girl haha. I rather get turned down cause I don't come of as confident sometimes..

• Don't worry there are girls out there who love that non-confident stuff.

• by my amount of tries I kinda won't ^^ it's just that the amount of it didn't change my type

• never.. all the girls i have dated before like me because of my masculinity, and few other reasons..

• yeah when she saw my thick chest hair

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe she meant he was too macho, arrogant, dominant, etc. That can make some women uncomfortable.

• Perhaps. She's not really that bitchy so she probably did not want to offend (I've only worked with the guy once as our shifts don't cross so no idea if he is all arrogant.

• never. i like manly guys