Should I tell the guy I'm dating about my health problem (Graves disease)?

We've been dating for 6 weeks & agreed we both saw potential for a long-term relationship. He knows I struggled w/Graves disease (hyperthyroidism) in the past but it went into remission and I haven't had it for 5 months. Lately I've had symptoms tho, and today my Dr told me it's officially relapsed & I'll have to take meds daily & get monthly blood tests once again. This disease makes me highly anxious & prone to mood swings, and can cause eye problems. I had a guy breakup w/me in the past bc of this.. so I'm really scared to tell him? And is it too soon to tell him now?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you should tell the guy about your illness , so in case you take sick when you two
    are together he should be known what to do in case of emergency i would rather a
    girl come out tell me about her illness than leave me speechless about it and if a guy
    is mature he should accept you and not judge you based on your illness i wish you
    the best

What Guys Said 3

• Tell him. If he cares then he will want to look after you, not telling him will probably just stress you out further.

• I'd tell him mostly because he needs a heads-up on what you'll be feeling like for the next months. What you have is an autoimmune so he can't get it from you. Explain that this is a genetic condition and it's expected that from time to time you may relapse, that's all. If he's cool he'll be there for you. If not... well... better to learn that now right..

• Tell him because if he really wants to be with u long term he will not care

What Girls Said 3

• If he really cares about you, your ailment won't be an issue. He'll want to take care of you, instead :)

• I understand this is very difficult for you, but you have to let him know from the beginning. I am sure if he likes you, it won't be a problem.

• of course you must tell him, he will accept it if he really likes you