My boyfriend didn't contact me for 7 days but hung out with his other friends, after he apologized.. I broke up with him. did I do a right thing?

we have talked for a month and dated for a month, after the 7 day he texted me like nothing happened i dont know what to do i was mad at him and broke up with him he asked for another chance that he'll do better but i said no. i dont know if i did a right thing or not. should i get back with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would break up with him... honestly, if he didn't think you were important enough to contact within 7 days he does not take your relationship seriously. Any good relationship involves contact every day.

• Because that's not clingy at all...
      xD

• It is not even close to clingy just to talk to them everyday? Lol

• Loving someone has nothing to do with talking to them every day.
      Also, they've been seeing each other for a month. They really haven't known each other long enough to love each other yet. They're in the beginning stage of their relationship. She really shouldn't be expecting constant communication as they've been dating for such a short amount of time that the guy's friends probably know him better than her.

What Guys Said 7

• what was his excuse for not textng for 7 days? if this was the only bad thing he did in a month (or 2 ) then you are lucky. unless you know he was fucking other girls or w/e i would have needed more reason than that to end it with a girl. i mean i would still be upset, bt it seemed like you ending it was a heat of the moment thing.

i say give him another chance. i mean me personally i try to talk to a girl everyday. but some times i feel like i should give her space to her self or if anything allow her to start the convo.

• besides not contacting you within 7 days what other reasons did you have for breaking up with him?

• humans need their own space they can't spend 24/7 with the same person all the time. with that said a week isn't that long but he should have at least emailed you to say hi.

• You did a typically immature thing. But you're under 18, so what can you expect?

I'll tell you what not to expect - don't expect the next guy you date to be any different.

• i guess that's what young people do. Why didn't you contact him during that time.

• because he ended the conversation last time i talked to him and he was talking with attittude so i waited for him to go first since something was obviously bothering him but it took 7 days wich was shocking

• maybe he was waiting for you to contact him. Testing you to see how much you liked him or he had something else in life going on family problems or something

• Of course you did the right thing. No taking him back no matter how smooth a bullshitter he may be

• he was saying how he doesn't wna lose me and all the nice things guys say after an argument but i just felt like that wasn't normal if i dont have contact with him whats the point of the relationship
      didn't seem right to me

• I'm glad and you really seem like a good person and most definitely did not deserve that. If you ever want any help with this or anything you can come back to this thread. Be strong, happy and safe my friend.

• Stay strong. No weakening. Don't let him get his foot in the door I know he is trying.

What Girls Said 5

• You did the right thing. If you love someone, you put an effort into communicating with them because you miss them and you can't live without them.
    My boyfriend and I text each other all day long and we don't give a shit when other people tell us that it's unhealthy or clingy.
    Please, don't give him another chance. I doubt that he will change for you. You deserve to be with someone that has everything you are looking for.

• that is clearly not a good enough reason to break up with someone but i will give you an advantage since im going to assume you no older tan 15 maybe just maybe 16 i mean i will be upset but not to the point to break up this is clearly isn't a relationship its puppy love and if i where you i wouldn't have just waited around i would have maybe texted him a few times an called and still no reply i would have put on my big girls panties and keep it moving forward dont let a guy have you behind and wondering keep it moving

• I'd be annoyed too, but why didn't you text him in those 7 days instead of just waiting for him?

• the last time i talked to him he ended the conversation in a bad note so i waited for him to text me and later after 7 days he did and when i told him what was happening he admitted that he was wrong but i am not sure what to do

• Leave him for someone who appreciates you. Any one who calls this clingy is ridiculous.

• 0|0
    • lol i am not that kind just that, last talk we had he ended the conversation in a bad note, he ended it and i didn't text him later , after that i didn't hear from him in 7 days

• She's just getting to know the guy and she's already getting upset that he didn't text her within some silly time frame. When she could have just explained her feelings to him like a mature human being and not have gotten so butt hurt over the ridiculously brief communication gap.

It's a silly thing to get upset about and a silly reason to break up with someone for. Maybe this would be different if it were a long-term relationship (although then that would make it an especially petty reason to break up with someone for) but they have a month long relationship going on. 7 days is a short time period and so not the end of the world. He should be able to hang out with his friends and not talk to her if he doesn't feel like it without being freaked out on and dumped. That's a Taylor Swift move right there.

• @KBailey1103

• Looking at the other answers, i see that you said that he ended it on a "bad note". That's probably why he didn't contact you for 7 days. I think that because every person is different, every relationship is different. I personally don't think it's necessary to talk every day, however, i do think that not contacting your girlfriend for 7 days is stretching it. I think you were right about breaking up with him. It's going to show him that if he acts like a jerk, then he will lose you. Whether or not you should give him a second chance, i don't know. If you really like him and you do feel like he will try better, then go ahead and give him a second chance. If not, forget him! Good luck!

• thank for the advice that help a lot !