Texting Confusion: He seems to like me a lot in person, but over text he seems cold. why?

So when we are together everything is great and we are always laughing and having a great time, but when it comes to texting because we can't see each other that day.. it's always awkward, or he doesn't really get what i'm saying, or he doesn't seem as interested and just cuts off conversation.

Does this mean anything?

Okay, so a lot of you guys have said that he's just not a good texter.. what can I do to sorta make the conversation easier? I mean, there are days that we can't see each other and an actual phone call may be a bit early in this stage..

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, some guys are just really bad at texting, haha
    When my best friend and I first started talking via text, I always thought he was mad at me or didn't like me or something because his responses were always one word, or just kind of serious and cold. He was never very good at conversation, either. As I've gotten to know him, and as we've had to spend less time together in person, and more time texting, he's gotten better, but it's taken three years, haha
    But yeah, some people just aren't very good at letting their personalities show through text. If you guys are good when you're together in person, I wouldn't worry too much about when you text.

What Guys Said 6

• It can mean he has associations with people he texts. For example, he could be hotly engaged in sexting someone else, and when he texts you, he has no sexual associations with you (I am not saying to start one up.) so texting you may seem "boring" to him.

• well, i don't really think he's sexting someone else. I think we are pretty into each other since he's been wanting to hang out every spare moment the two of us have had recently. He even tried holding my hand in public, and rubbing my back in front of his friends. Just he's not the one to text first-- it's usually me. That and the send off he gave me tonight was kinda weird.. i thought we were having a nice conversation and then he just said "okay talk to you tomorrow" when I know he's just watching a show he's already seen before. It was just kinda weird..

• Well, he's just not an emotional texter, I guess. Try not to fault him for it if you can.

• Different behavior in texting. He cuts off because he probably leaves his phone at some random place at home and forgets about it. It's not that he forgets you, he just doesn't associate you with his phone.

• it just means texting isn't for. i'm horrible at continuing conversations through text and he might be the same way. especially if he's an animated person. certain emotions and body language can't be conveyed through text so what would have been a long winded and exasperating conversation in person seems curt and rude in writing.

• Never judge a person by what they text. Some people just aren't texting people, such as myself.

• Guys aren't good at all at expressing feelings through texts. Talk with him on the phone and see how he acts

• Maybe he just isn't a great texter? If he shows more emotion in person, then he's probably an outgoing guy who isn't used to texting.

What Girls Said 0