71 reasons why we're all fucking single, what do you think? Article attached?

71 Reasons Why We're All Fucking Single

elitedaily.com/.../

I dont agree that 50% of the US above age 16 is single. Maybe thats how they file their taxes, but it seems like everyone has a SO, or several SOs, except me. I know Im not the only single one, but all the good ones are always taken. And Im never taken. So that must mean Im not one of the good ones. Been single for the last 4 years. Had a few flings here and there, but stayed single. Either nobody wants to date, or they are already taken. People are too proud to settle for "mr/mrs good enough" and they want the best they can get and expect to be treated the way they want.

Eventually, you have to suck it up and just pick one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have not dated enough to feel like there is nobody out there. Being in my last 2 relationships has taught me a lot about myself and I have been single for a year. reconnecting with my inner self and reflecting I realize what I really want and though I want to be in a relationship in the future I am scared. I don't want to be a serial dater or meet someone that I am really into that is emotionally unavailable even if I bare my naked soul. I feel like a lot people are not on the same page because of not being upfront and honest or trying to change someone. Everybody wants to be in a relationship but don't want to do the work some people are selfish and don't know how to compromise. I hope I never reach a point where I just give up but right now I am just single by choice I am not ready to be in a relationship. I admit I looked for love when I was vulnerable that was my mistake. I feel like most people want flings for the same reason why others don't. They don't want their feelings involved or get hurt.

What Girls Said 8

• Ever wanted the latest gadget and everyone around you seemed to have one? But then you got it and you barely noticed that others had one. It's the same for relationship. When you're not in one, you see couples everywhere but only because you're always thinking about it and wanting it. When you're in one, you don't notice other couples. Focus on something else in life and it won't be so hard. Plus, usually love comes when you don't expect it and aren't interested (that's happened for every relationship I've been in).

Those 71 reasons are shit.

I'll tell you the reason you're single (applies to everyone). You haven't bumped into the one yet. Love comes at different times for everyone, either naturally or they get out there.
    You see that cute couple at the supermarket? That guy probably approached her first and asked for her number (or vice versa). He went and got what he wanted, unlike most guys on here, which is fair enough if you're super shy but sorry to say, it's one of the sure fire ways of getting a partner.
    Maybe you've become so obsessed and depressed about not finding love, it's coming across in your personality and attitude. No-one wants to date a depressed pessimist. Usually those who become depressed over not finding love become overly clingy when they do get one date. No-one wants someone acting like their slave and not giving them any space.

Seriously, there is most likely a reason that lies within you that you're not getting a partner. If you feel you're not clingy, obsessed, depressed or pessimistic about love, then you just haven't come across the one for you. Be patient.

• Okay, the second part I agree with and I know what you mean. But the first part about finding the right one and letting things happen naturally? Thats a very gender specific attitude. Women have that advantage, that they can relax and have guys ask them out. Men have the choice to initiate, be smooth and entertaining while planning out dates (or not date at all). We can't just let things happen, we have to make it happen. The woman chooses, so she sits back and waits. Men are expected to be the ones and our only choices are the ones who say yes. The fact the guy is the one asking shows he IS interested from the beginning and he is certainly expecting.

Therefore, I rate your opinion only somewhat true.

• Fine, be pessimistic thinking we have the advantage but it won't get you far in the dating game. I asked my boyfriend out, I didn't sit back and wait for shit. I got what I wanted and now I've got my soulmate. Maybe you should try it.

• Good for you. I am being realistic, and givingbyou some insight into the male experience. You may be one of the few outliers among females, but to say men can just "let things happen" is completely false. We cant, if we do the girl thinks we aren't into her and will quickly find another guy who just happens to be "conveniently" talking to her and asking her out

• I agree with:

2. Because you’d rather send 140 characters than say three words.
    6. Because there’s always somebody better looking on Instagram.
    22. Because we’re holding out for something better.
    29. Because you don’t have a job.
    39. Because sweatpants.
    44. Because no one likes to watch the same TV shows as you.
    46. Because we value our alone time.
    48. Because a lot of people are crazy.
    51. Because we’ve been hurt before.
    53. Because we’re living at home.
    54. Because the thought of “getting to know someone” means asking and answering questions — and ain’t nobody got time for that.
    58. Because we’re no longer scared of being alone.
    59. Because there is always something about them you don’t like.
    61. Because it’ll happen someday.
    65. Because there’s always a new “Grand Theft Auto.”
    67. Because no one knows what they want.
    68. Because timing is never right.
    69. Because it’s easier to just stop texting.
    70. Because sitting on the couch without pants on watching reruns of “Bob’s Burgers” is a little awkward once you throw someone else into the mix.

• I'm in a relationship and I'm an avid GTA player, I'm not scared of being alone and I like to watch tv without clothes on. It's better when someone else is there (apart from when I'm gaming).

• Lol I love GTA too. I dance around the house in a bra and briefs. I know how to be alone but I prefer to have a boyfriend. Its more fun

• Well looks like the human species is going to die out...
    Especially BECAUSE of greed.

• You can use the Internet to find love I met my boyfriend online. But, I didn't like online dating tho, I do believe that you have better more real choices in real life if you just get out there.

• yep, i agree with most of the reasons.

• I am a single woman and and it's just difficult for me to come across a good guy.

I don't mean a rich guy lol. Just someone who is decent and serious.

• Why do you say that?

• I remember the last guy I met was broke and I didn't really like him, but I wanted to give him chance. I couldn't like him and I didn't see myself in a sugar moma role:)

• Exactly, if you feel like your too good for a guy you dont take him seriously. Which is exactly why the guys your most attracted too are not getting serious with you. They dont think you're good enough for them and theyd rather a) pump n dump or b) go for someone else

• I agree with some of the points in the article. only if putting our ego aside wasn't such a hard thing to do...

• Why is it so hard? How does your ego affect who you choose?

• It's not that hard. Just simply realizing you're not the greatest is a start. Goes for anybody.

• With me its not so much as finding a person attractive enough cuz I've been with some hot women. Its finding someone who finds me hot and will let me know that im attractive by flattering me or stroking my ego

• I agree with @DameNoire. The serious part is my main thing. I've heard the "marriage, kids, I love you" lines and you believe it at first, but later you realize he's just saying that.

• Like I said, any guy who doesn't take you seriously doesn't find you attractive. Period!

• It's impossible that any guy who doesn't take you seriously doesn't find you attractive!

There are men who show all love and affection but they don't want to get married at a certain stage of their lives. Some guys have money issues ; others are commitment phobic.

• No, if they thought you were good enough they would commit. Its that simple. Any guy whos "commitment phobic" is telling you an excuse to keep fucking without commiting

What Guys Said 4

• that list is hilarious!

• truly, yes

• as soon as I read Facebook and nude photos and instagram, I stopped, plus it was boring lol