Went on a date but my date got back with her ex?

I met this girl online and had an amazing date with her. She told me she wanted to hang out several times during the week during the date. She even mistakenly thought I was going in for a kiss when I was trying to hug her at the end of the night. We ended up kissing for a little bit.

After the date, she was very responsive for a day or two. I set up a second date, which she became sick and couldn't go. She then became distant via texting. I then asked her what is going on and if she was still interested.

She texted me back saying, "The honest answer is yes, I do like you and want to go out with you again, but things got stupid complicated the past few days and I can't anymore."

I followed up asking her if she got back with her ex or I was too forward. She replied with "You didn't come off too stronmy ex to give me some final closure and just tell me he didn't want to get back with me so I could really move forward. And that entirely backfired. And we are back together, tentatively"

I was pretty confused and I told her I thought we had something there but I wasn't willing to convince her to choose me over another guy because I felt that was not a classy move. She then said "You're the first guy I met online that I wnated to see again. I liked you a surprising amount after just 2 hours. My relationship is very rocky, but it's not fair to you to say, hey, just hold on for a week or two until it probably self destructs, then we can hang out again.."

I decided to give her some time to figure things out.

My question is does it sound like she was asking me to wait for her? Also, it sounded like she didn't even want to be back in that relationship right? I am just so confused. What should I do? Help...

Most Helpful Guy

• Run... just run. You don't want to be the straw that finally ends her relationship with the guy. Also, don't be so quick to believe their relationship was ever done. It was more likely just on the rocks. You would be the rebound guy anyway and no matter what you bring to the table. Sounds a little funky for her to just jump back into a broken relationship that she seemed not too sure about anyway. Her words would be more believable if she told you she loved him and was 100% sure everything would work out fine. She probably does this far more often than you think.

What Girls Said 2

• It just sounds like she had unfinished business with her ex. Give her time or move on. I wouldn't pursue at this point.

• She's a mess. Leave her alone and find someone else.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah it seems that girl a glutton for punishment because it sounds like she's got a sure thing with you. My advice if you willing to wait and be second choice to this girl then wait for her if not move on and make her chase you

• Don't be a rebound guy and get led on by a girl that still has feelings for her ex. Believe me, been there, done that.