I really like this guys but I think he's sort of shy, and likes to keep to himself?

So I really like this guy who goes to my college. I see him almost all the time, but we've yet to talk. We don't have any classes together, but we sometimes see each other at the dining hall. He's really quiet and keeps to himself. I rarely see him with friends but when i do he seems pretty happy. On my way to class we see each other and sometimes we notice each other but we dont really make eye contact. And once my friends and i were sitting in her car and he looked in the front window and we made eye contact then. But i really like him, but i just dont know how to approach him since i too am a little shy. And i would be very shy and nervous making the first move to talk to a guy.

So what should i do? Advice.

Most Helpful Guy

• don't be shy and talk to him fast

What Guys Said 3

• my advice (however good it is): go up to him during food time (whenever "but we sometimes see each other at the dining hall" is), introduce yourself, ask to sit at his table, see if you can crack him out of his shell, ask him on a date and if thats too fast for you repeat step 1 a few more times until you build the nerve, then ask him on a date, (dont let anyone else tag along) and go somewhere nice and quiet and just chat and get to know each other. if you are still bonkers for him, ask him out

• Okay, thanks a bunch!

• Start with a simple "hi" and a smile. Preferably when he is alone so that u can be most confident.

• carry some books and bump into him on purpose, he will then help you pick them up.

• Haha, smooth! Thanks!

What Girls Said 1

• As a girl who has a crush (and he likes me back) on a shy guy, I actually realized that they aren't all that hard to deal with. At least they are better than those big flirts.
    Sooo the thing is since he is shy and you are too you should make some more eye-contact first. Smile at him sometimes, and soon after he will gather up his guts and talk to you. Usually shy guys open up to people once you become close to them. The trick is the smile. He might look at the floor and not acknowledge you there, but obviously you are there and he sees you. He might not have the guts to do, well, everything that you don't have the courage to do. One of you has to start first, so cut him some slack, you can do it first!! He knows you, and getting to know him by making eye contact and saying hi always works. Oh, and since he's shy he might think you are cute because people tend to like "their kind" of people better.