How to tell if she likes you for your character and not your money/status?

A real dilemma, eh?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most Helpful Girl

• ... Not really a dilemma. Don't show off your wealth. Keep it under wraps. Let her get to know you for you. Interestingly, the wealthy guys I've encountered have ALWAYS made it a point to flaunt their wealth... and then they wonder why girls get wrapped into that side of themselves. Just be modest.

• I went to dates by bus, wore casual clothes, used an old non-smart phone, ordered just coffee and we both split the bill for what we each consumed ( she had a chocolate cup-cake ).
      One day however she told me if i could come quick because she needs help getting to the hospital.
      So i jumped in my 2nd car ( the first one was in service ) and didn't get time to get into normal clothes so i was in a suit and drove Mercedes.

I didn't notice any sign she is getting much 'warmer' now than before, she's as loving as she was before. but that again i may be a poor character judge.

• Ok. So she likes you for you.

What Girls Said 4

• I think u can tell from your feeling. And how she act... She might act more warmer because you went to c her immediately when she needs help.

• Hi there. Im a girl dating a wealthy guy. We are only 11 months apart and have only been together 5 months. But when I first met him I had no idea he had money. He acts so causal and never flaunts it. I fell in love with him long after I learnt about his higher class job and wealth status. Although he never hid that he had money. But I don't ask for anything. Aside from paying for a date. If a girl really likes you for you then she won't ask you for things, or try to rush the relationship. My boyfriend could be dirt poor and Id still think the world of him. Because to me, money doesn't matter, happiness does. I wish you all the best.

• Countless women (if not most) are going to be attracted to the wealth. It is what it is. But going off by your response to harakiri, it seems like she was able to like you for other stuff too.

• Tell her that you're considering locking all your riches away in a long-term deposit account that you can't access till 25 years from now... See how she reacts.
    Ok I'm half joking.

• She said she wouldn't mind.
      not sure if because she knows i am bluffing or because really not interested in money. I get the feeling that even if i read her thoughts i wouldn't still be fully convinced :(

• She's probably telling the truth. After reading your response to harakiki's post, I'm pretty sure she's not into you for the money :)

By the way, the guy I like at the moment - he drives an old car, doesn't have much stuff, wears the same old clothes, doesn't flaunt his wealth in any way - I happened to find out from my brother that he saves like $2,000 per week from his job and all I thought was, "oh good, he's responsible and financially secure and modest" - I didn't think, "ooh, we can get a mansion and a pool..."

What Guys Said 2

• If you have status and character it is near impossible to hide some sort of wealth. If you worked hard to hit numbers then it is hard to hide. I would look at her first and see who she gives her time to. You don't want a woman who does not want a man who is doing things.

I have dated some women who people consider gold diggers and I have had the time of my life. The truth about a gold digger is you know what she wants up front and at the same time she knows there are many more butterflies out there just like her.

The best way to deal with your issue is to get over it and enjoy the moment. There is nothing you can do and if she is into you for the wrong reason, she will tell you or let you know.

• not for the looks?

• I'm 30, looks don't last forever.

• hope you prove wrong about it... i'll be 30 in only 7 years... i don't want to turn into an ugly bag of shit by the time, it's scary

• I'm not a ungly bag of shit lol, i think i look decently but... well girls... they got "standards".