Don't you hate knowing you're not the "first choice" for someone you like?

So I feel like a fool. I've been snooping around to find out why this guy cancelled our date and stopped talking to me all of a sudden...

I found out that he likes, yes, a tall model chick *rolls eyes* who posts millions of awesome pictures on Facebook, and there's me. I'm hot but more introverted, and intelligent, shorter, thicker (boobs, ass, small waist and medium sized thighs). I somewhat look like a thicker version of mila kunis but not as magical.. obviously. And I hate getting attention.

For some reason I'm super jealous that he prefers this girl.
Why do guys always chase the extroverted, super happy "model type" who take a trillion pictures over the unique, cultured and down to earth girl? I feel like I'm never going to get the type of guy I want..

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't dwell on it. You can't help you like. It may have gone good at first but maybe he sees something more in this girl that sparked his interest a bit more. Like you said, his loss!

Yeah, it kind of hurts but no need to be jealous. You move because you'll find someone who loves all of you—personality, looks and all. :) Don't say you're never going to find the type of guy you want because you will, just keep all options open.

What Guys Said 6

• No I don't hate it, I think it's pointless to dwell on such matters. I don't worry about girls who don't want me.

You sound like you're are doing what you criticize others for doing, you say I'm never going to get the "type" of guy that I want.
    Perhaps if you stopped thinking like that then the right guy would come to you.

Maybe if you didn't chase the guy that all the girls want then a guy you have something in common with would cold to you.

It shouldn't vs about "wanting" a certain "type" of guy. It's about finding someone who appreciates you as you are now. If they don't then don't dwell on them.

• Honestly chances are this model girl doesn't like your guy. That's usually how it ends up working out. Girls like Ms. model chick are nothing but drama anyway so it's his loss lol.

• If she ends up hurting him or whatever and he comes crawling back I'll say hell no to that mother fucker lol

• that always sucks

• If you hate getting attention, why are you jealous then?

And guy's always don't chase the extroverted super happy model type. The ones who do are typically shallow.

• As in I don't post every second of my life on Facebook and my worth isn't defined by how many likes I get. Its bullshit. I had a really great connection with him and he led me on.

and I'm jealous because these girls always win. I don't get why. I'll never become like them just to get dudes to like me. Oh well though, his loss.

• "I'll never become like them just to get dudes to like me. " That's a great mindset to have! And the guys who see you for what you are will find you. :)

• Low-key ftw

• Why do guys like girls who are happy and look like models? Um...

• I do too to be honest, I don't broadcast it because I'm an introvert

• But I'm not that happy, you're right. Thats why I'll never find anyone cause "happy girls are the prettiest girls!"

• If he ended up choosing the extroverted type, he probably wasn't the type of guy you thought he was. Similar stuff happens to me all the time

What Girls Said 5

• You know, it's funny that you mention it, because I'm having the same problem with a guy I like! He digs this girl he has only ever seen in passing! He literally has said five words to her and he gave her his phone number. She's texted him once to tell him she was too busy to go get coffee with him and that was the end of that. She's a tall and blonde model-type too. I'm pretty jealous of this girl... She told me that she thinks he's a jerk and she has her eyes on another guy, but you never know with other girls...

And I'm literally about the same description as you are... except I just dyed my hair red.

I think that if he cancelled a date and doesn't want to talk to you, then he isn't worth your time. I know, it really hurts, but if he's so shallow that he only wants a girl because of the way she looks (ESPECIALLY ON Facebook - YIKES), then he's definitely not worth it. He's too immature for you.

Think about it: if you ended up being in a relationship with this guy, would you ultimately be happy knowing that you weren't his first choice? Clearly, he's not looking at all the great things you have to offer like an awesome personality and your smarts.

The right guy will come along some day... maybe not today or tomorrow, or even in the next year... but definitely some day.

If you want to talk more, message me!

• Thanks for that:) it's awesome you can relate, it makes me feel a lot better. You've definitely earned a follow cause you're super chill 👍

• Don't feel bad. It's his loss.

• well people are kind of attracted to fun personalities. but some do like introverted people. just keep looking.

• I think you sound really pretty, so try not to feel bad! You'll meet someone perfect for you.
    I do think getting rejected would hurt most people at least a little.

• I hate knowing that if my boyfriend's best friend (girl) was suddenly into him he'd drop me real fast.

• :( I doubt that's true

• I'm pretty sure he was in love with her