Is it weird to be 25 and single?

Apparently the first time I put this up it didn't go through so let's try this again. I don't consider myself to be ugly, I have a good stable job as a teacher and am completely independent yet I feel like a pariah when people ask me if I'm married/ in a relationship and I say no. I noticed the other day that my bible study group consists entirely of couples with kids. I'm the only single person in the group. Is it weird to be single at my age?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 35 and single.

If it were for my emotions and desires I would be looking hard... But I know that God is still re making me into His image. I am maturing, and growing. The biggest mistake I could have made ten, five, or even two years ago would have been trying to find a mate.

I don't know when I will be ready. Only God knows. So I wait and trust His judgment in my life. I also trust God to bring me someone He has ordained for me, hoping that I have not been ignoring His Voice! (Which has happened in times past)

It's complicated, and painful, watching couples hold hands and smile. While I choke down my love and emotions, knowing that God is working in me, not knowing when, or if I will be ready. (And waiting on His timing)

What Guys Said 11

• With red hair like that, I don't know how you're still single. Definitely weird.

But in all seriousness, it's about as weird as a kid with two ears, two eyes, one nose, and a mouth that won't stay closed.

• No. Just like with anything there isn't a "right" age to be in a relationship. A married couple of 60+ years could get a divorce tomorrow and would you think it would be weird since they are single? I know plenty of people who are 25+ that are single.

• Yeah, the only weird thing is that someone hasn't snatched you up.

It's not weird to be single. Just make sure you're using your singledom to your best advantage, working on yourself, your projects, and meeting men.

• I'm single and 25. I guess its because I don't really put myself out there much and when I do it doesn't seem to go my way.

• no that's still a young age

• No, its not weird its actually quite normal.

• Shit I'm 33 and single

• could be the fact you go to church... more conservative types generally...

and no it's not weird..

• Not at all.

• No. You are just on your prime.. love works in mysterious way, just life your live..

• Nope. Being single is never weird.

What Girls Said 0