Is it weird for a girl to ask a guy out?

I really like this guy I go to school with. We talk every now and then and he always says hi to me when I see him, but we're not really close friends or anything. I was thinking of casually suggesting to him that we should hang out the next time I talk to him. I don't know, I feel really weird about it but I'm sick of waiting around for him to make a move. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, its not weird at all its completely normal. You are showing more fortitude than most men do and if you stay strong like that then you'll increase your chances of finding the 'right guy' exponentially.

What Guys Said 12

• How many times are we gonna see this question on here? No it's not weird at all and I personally love it.

• It's not weird at all, I wish more girls would do it. I'm tired to always be the one asking out.

• Make sure he likes you first.

• He's been giving me mixed signals, so I'm not sure how to tell.

• Flirt with him and see if he flirts back.

• if you like some one than ask them out. Nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out.

• No. Ask him out... Make him the happiest dude by taking the first step.

• why? its not weird coz if you like some one or love someone you should ask him or her to go for a date?

• well it depends on a guy... means if a girl come to me and ask me out... i like it

• No not at all some guys love it

• No, I actually prefer it that way :)

• no ask him out he can only say yes or no

• absolutely not, wish it happened more often

• no it's not and here's how you should do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JJFBtHcBnM

What Girls Said 3

• whoa, im in the same situation. this guy asked me out a few months ago to watch a movie, and so i recently asked him if he wanted to get starbucks together. I dont think its weird for you to ask him, as long as you dont make him feel too pressured. also, if you ask him and he denies, then wait for him to make the move.

• No I don't think it's weird for a girl to ask a guy out.

• from my experience no it's not