What to do if the guy is scared of intimacy?

When i start to flirt with him, he feels awkwardly says nothing just smiles. Afraid to hold hands. Once when we danced i got closer to him and he pulled back, its like a game im forward he back.
I asked him out, but he said he is shy. From now on he makes a reasons not to meet.
I would talk to him, but now i can't see him face to face. What to do? wait?

Most Helpful Guy

• Floor him and pin him down. He needs a huge confidence boost, and you can give that to him. If that don't work, then I don't know what to suggest.

What Guys Said 2

• He may not like you.

• he prob gay

What Girls Said 1

• 1. He may not like you that way
    2. He's gay
    3. If he really is super shy and insecure, compliment him a lot based on his looks, strength, personality.. etc. I like a guy whose kind of shy and I compliment him allll the time even if it makes me look silly. Some girls at work were talking about the new guy's big arms and he asked me if that's what girls look for because he was trying to look stronger and no one was noticing so I sent him a cheesy remark on how pretty and strong he looked the first day we met (as he really did in my eyes) and then he said talking to me always boosts his confidence. With shy guys you can't be too forward with actions because it makes them retreat. Be patient and less strong about your intentions or move on because he may just not be interested in you in that way and is trying to give you a hint by pushing you away.