Does age matter? How young is too young?

I have a crush on a guy that goes to my university with me. I think he's awesome. He's funny and kind and very handsome. I was a little hesitant in pursuing him because I think he is younger than me. I'm 22 going on 23 and I think he's 19-21. I'm guessing this because he said this was his second year at the University. I could be wrong. He could be older I don't know his age for sure. Does age matter? And is he too young?

Most Helpful Guy

• The age gap isn't a problem.

Well, it shouldn't be. I'm pretty sure you'll still catch flak about it from everyone (especially your parents) for dating him. From my experience, women who date a guy that is over a year younger than them get very heavy criticism, no matter what their age range is.

What Guys Said 12

• Chronological age is completely irrelevant in interpersonal relationships. It is about emotional maturity, compatible morals, and some similar interests. Don't get hung up on age, it is by far the least useful statistic for judging compatibility.

• That's nothing. I thought u were going to say like 10 years or more. That age gap is pretty common. My last gf was 7 years younger. That was kind of a big deal

• No, he's not even 5 years younger than you.

Go for it.

• The age gap is a problem if you want it to be a problem
    I once dated a girl 6 years older than me and it was fine

If you get along, age difference won't matter

• once had a 4 years older then me, you have to decide it your own cause you are a self oppiniated person

• no as long as you're both happy

• MILF!!!

there is no age for love but there is age for jail. nobody under 18.
    girls dating younger guys: nope a single damn is given.
    guys dating younger girls: you damn pedo burn in hell.

• It's only 3 years.

• At that age it shouldn't matter

• nope it doesn't :P i am flexible to any kind of women it all about mentality

• Under 18 for me

Go for him

• Age does matter. As long as they are of legal age of consent where you live, then go for it. Unless the legal age is like 12 years old... in which case, I'd say 16 would probably be the youngest you should go. I don't think he's too young for you.

• Thanks =) I was worried that I would seem old to him lol. I know maturity is a individual thing i hope he's mature. I just didn't want to appear as a cougar lol

• You're way too young to be a cougar if you're going after an 18+ year olds. You'd have to be pretty much twice his age for that to happen. Basically, if the person is young enough to be your child (assuming you gave birth as a mid-late teen or an adult) then you would be a cougar. You're not old enough to be his mom so... you're definitely not a cougar.

• Thanks lol that makes me feel better =) I hope he's single! lol =)

What Girls Said 1

• Age matters, but only when there is a huge-ass age gap.
    You are only 22-23 and he is 19-21.
    That's an insignificant age difference in my opinion. I'd go for it if I were you.

• =) I think I am. I really like him but I don't want to just tell him that since we just met. I don't even know if he has a girlfriend yet =/. How should I show my interest?

• Maybe I should ask for his number =)

• That takes a lot of courage. Kudos to you if you do it.
      Go for it! Keep us updated. And good luck! :)