Why are guys super hot on you then get cold after a first date?

Met a guy for a first date and it went surprisingly well, he was eager to set up a second date straight after the first. I held back and said I would let him know when I'm free. So he text me thanking me for the date and I replied.
Then I text him saying I'm free and it's been two days and no reply? What's up with guys who are eager to see you but then get so cold, making it obvious he doesn't want to talk to me anymore. Why do guys do that?

So he text me last night and I don't know the best way to handle it now, I don't wanna play games with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• playing mind games with chu! :D lol. still figuring you out whilst trying to get you to desire him more. there are other factors at play too.

• He's in his late twenties, do guys still do that that that age? Well I've written him off tbh, I have no time for immaturity.

• He seemed decent, I guess looks are defo deceiving. I'm such a bad judge of character :(.

• you'll have better judgment with more experience but that doesn't mean its necessary to get to that point. all it takes is 1 good guy.

What Guys Said 3

• He's playing the mating game. You essentially said, oh not now let me check, which is delay on your part. So he's thinking that he should play the game right back at you by not responding. Its an essential part of dating.

• maybe u did something stupid :P u no beauty with no brain is such a big turnoff

• Haha thanks! Just what I needed to hear! No date in my opinion was fine, we pretty much laughed for most of it.

• You're mean.

• i am just telling u the truth thats all

• you put him off so he wrote you off first. Too slow girl you missed the boat

• I didn't put him off, I said let me see when I'm free and I will get back to you. I was kinda taken back from his eagerness.

• Depends on what the text says?

• I've suggested a date, he said he'd love to but has. Tickets to go to a concert on the same day and has asked me for an alternative day?

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's a guy thing where his "ladies man" friends give him bad advice for texting a girl he likes.
    Some guys tell their friends to not text her for days, to make her want you more.
    Or maybe he just didn't get the text.
    Resend it, and see if he replies then.

• Seems like guys' nature. Guys love mystery. Maybe, you should play harder to get!!

• I can't be bothered with this game playing.

• Thanks

• Don't play his game. In my opinion , when people do that it to me it shows just how much respect they lack. You guys are both adults. If you want each other , your actions should reflect.