Single and almost 24.. Am I freaking out for no reason?

So I am going to be 24 in May and I'm starting to freak out that I'm single still.. am I being crazy? I feel like I'm behind in life or something!! All my friends are married.. and most are younger than me! :S

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha I am 24 in April so pretty much in the same situation. I am personally not concerned, all my friends are not married, though they are in relationships. I am confident that I will meet someone :). If not you could always come over to the UK and have a date with me haha :D

What Guys Said 24

• its not a race so don treat it like one. its not a social ladder so don't treat it like one. you're neither behind nor further ahead. you're exactly where you should be. live life.

• don't worry i'm 23 and i've always been single. and married before 24 the majority of them? WTF? soun d weird

• I am 27 never dated a girl, barely have anything going right for me right now. And I'll be 28 by the end of the year so that is probably worse.

• I'm 25 and single and completely happy, happy, happy! Just got to look at the positives you have in life and enjoy the positives of your current situation.

• Time to tell yourself no more Mr Nice Guy. you have the smiley ":S"

You wanna make it out there you got to fight for it. Period.

• Don't worry. I, and many others, are right here with you so don't worry about it because hey, more money for youuuuu (but yes being single sucks, lol). Plus, not all of those marriages will last so :P When is your birthday? I turn 24 in May too :)

• Be glad! I'm 35 and still unmarried and no children. I see all my friends all married and talk about how having children has been "such as blessing" but you can see it in their eyes and words they're tired and regret their decisions.

• Single at 35 and haven't had a LTR yet.

You're fine. Gauge things based on YOUR timetable.

• Love, marriage, kids... it's not a race. Go at your own pace. Anyone who wishes to race to see who can age the fastest will lose the quickest. Take your time. I've been single my whole life, I have no intention of getting married or having kids. Seeing my old class mates marrying and having kids doesn't affect me even a little. Since I'm living my life the way I want.

• You shouldn't do something just because other people are doing it. But, of course, neither should you not do something just because other people are doing it.

• Start dating when you feel like your ready :3
    I've had friends who waited till they were in their 30s to even start the dating phase so don't worry about it!
    It's important to not feel rushed and go at your pace.

• I have had relationships before too. It’s not like I’ve never dated.. I’ve dated 2 different people in my life and they were both longgg term relationships… Guys ended up being just too immature in the end. And Im not wanting to be with someone because everyone else is doing it. I just always thought I would have this figured out by now. I’m not the kind of person that WANTS to still be single at 30.

• haha yeah pretty much

• You've had previous experiences dating men before. I can't imagine from a women's point of view how exciting and nervous it would be for a guy to pull out a ring and asked for your hand in marriage :)

• Shit, I'm 25 and single you're making ME freak out now!

• 30 and single.. but I have a friend that 40 and single. You're doing fine.

• damn i thought i was fucked at 17.

• of course because many girls get pregnant at college or even high school im 24 and single too. i want a GF but im busy. to get a queen you have togetyour own castle first.

• I'm 24 and single too. I'm fine with it. I date but just haven't found a girl to be in a relationship with. You just have to keep your head up and you'll be fine.

• You re just reaching your prime , love works in mysterious ways , dont worry too much about it

• babe come on you rock no way

• better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, be glad that since you are a girl, you don't have to be the initiator

• nah dont worry so much

• I'll be 24 in April. I'm a virgin, let alone having never been in a relationship. Don't worry.

• I'm a 25 year old who's never had a girlfriend. You are doing very well. Don't rush into marriage or children

• Have you done anything remotely intimate or sexual?

I rather be 24 and single and have had some form of intimacy than to be 20 and inexperienced in every way.

• Yes I have had a couple long term relationships in the past.. im not inexperienced

• What are you whining about then? I am 20 and inexperienced in every way. If someone should be concerned, it should be me.

• At almost 30 nearly all my friends that got married early are now divorced with children and the women being single mothers are finding it hard to find a man now. Don't rush it your time will come.

What Girls Said 6

• Everyone lives their life differently. Don't freak out. You should enjoy this time to find yourself & travel. Meet new people:) Most of my friends are married & have kids. I always see how much they struggle moving to fast in life, they didn't enjoy their youth. I'm 23 & don't plan on kids or marriage for a while. I just want to have fun & enjoy life.

• It's tough when all your friends are coupled up but if you're not careful you'll wind up in a relationship that isn't right for you and miserable. Your time will come too just be patient.

• Im 42 and single.. i was married for 17 years and I been in on and off relationships... each of my exs asked me to comeback but nothing in their life has changed I see other friends miserable my boyfriend just recently broke up with me that heartbreak was hurtful so therefore I wouldn't worry about being single cause it beats going in and out of relationships that leaves you heartbroken... there is a big difference of being lonely and alone. .

• Very very true.. thanks! I hope your doing alright! :)

• Marriage is not a race. Just enjoy life. As a young single woman, you can do a lot of fun, interesting things while your friends are busy popping out babies.

• The only reason for freaking out is if you CAN'T find a mate. If you're fat, or too ugly.
    Just get on a treadmill, get surgery if you're horribly disfigured, go out and meet more guys, and you won't be single anymore.

• Wtf that would not be why she's not finding anyone. If anything she's just picky.

• Plus they're unnattractive. It's so easy to see them like they're your girlfriends. -_-

• haha true!

• Just relax... find a hobby