A 19 year old female with a 35 year old, but should I tell my parents?

My parents are both 39(had me when they were twenty)... I kind of forgot his age, even though I've known him for 8 months now. It just dawned upon me that he is out of my age group, even though when I first met him we went out drinking thinking he was 24 and he thought I was 22. What should I expect from my parents, will they be upset with his age being so close to their's?

He knows my real age.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow a 35 year old guy that looks like he is in his early 20's?

• Yes... It's so crazy :< He totally tricked me haha

• so how are things going with him and you now?

• Things have been pretty good! He's over seas at the moment, so I'm waiting on him to get back :) I'm waiting until after the holidays to tell my parents. I'm grateful for your asking. Mho to you ^^

What Guys Said 8

• It should will fine. People sometimes get excited because they lack experience with such scenarios. And yes this could be your parents too. But for anyone who is friends with their grandparents, life times of experience and good judgement is much more kind.

The book of love is a really simple guide. Never date or marry someone who is less than half your age rounded up to the next whole number, so that their life experience is bond to you are at least a well connected insert in growth and wisdom. And she must always be one who is fertile for the relationship to also produce fruitful results.

36+ / 2 = 18. 19 places you exactly within the comfortable rounded up region of experienced and consensual. You represent an entire developed page bound in the experiences shared by his life. The French have other rules for less than 18, but default to the same I am sharing for a woman at 18.

My rule was she always had to be at least 19 even when I was 14. ;-) ~ It's true.
    And it has almost always been very enjoyable. Just make sure marriage takes place at 2 years.
    Some of these people get too comfortable and take for granted that the relationship stops at dating as if there was a never a stage before it, from which progress is made. And progress should continue to grow.

2 years = marriage license. Or trash his TV and scatter apart his house when he is house, then stay with someone else until he decides whether he can live so well without you there with him.

When I have a daughter, she will follow the put a ring on consideration. You want to risk getting her pregnant? Then you have been put enough gold, silver, platinum on her to pay for 9 months of living expenses and child birth. Because if you change your mind, someone is paying for that infant. I payed to raise her. You are at least paying for the opportunity to possibly marry her.

• It's got sod all to do with them it's your private life you can't help who you fall in love with. age is just a number as long as you are both happy that's all that matters

• Well, my ex-gf was 18 and I was age 35 but your parents could be upset
    but if you like the guy and you are over 18 . I see age is just number as
    long both people are happy

• Guys who date younger women says a lot about their own maturity.

• Thank you for demonstrating your own maturity.

• What does that mean? I'm presuming he is immature given the information you shared. Don't get mad at me because you have deeply rooted Daddy Issues and you're dating a manboy.

• Okay... so answering my question with something that has nothing to do with the question is alright? And before you insult me, my father is a fine man that I love very much. I'm sorry for not realizing he was 35 and for being attracted to the person he is. Obviously, I have more maturity than the amount in your two lopsided nuts. Welcome to the block list.

• Yes they will be upset and assume he is prowling on you

• I am.27 and sometimes i find it difficult to relate to girls that are 19-20yo.. diff stages of life.. can't even imagine why would a 35yo would go out or date a 19yo.

I would say he is just excited about the thrill of it.. Be careful!

• My ex is 27 and he is my best friend.

• Has the possibility of simply being enchanted by a female's being died out at your age? I do know just how charming I am. What a shame, I cannot show you.

• At my age? So im a grandpa? Honestly not at all... i love the charm. I am just saying that 35 is a huge age gap.. by the time he is 50 you will be 35.. i dont know its just a bit too much..

haha listen i usually date younger girls.. Like i said.. if its something so great.. just go for it.

• No way... hhhmmmm...

• Damn... where are younger guys at?

What Girls Said 4

• oh dear... yeah your parents will more than likely be pissed. I think its a little creepy that a 35 yo would want to date a 19 yo. he knew how old you were so he should have been more forthcoming with his age

• Yes they will get upset about it, he is kinda old for you. Maybe they'll ask you to stop seeing him too. Good luck.

• You should tell them, they will probably get upset but then understand you.

• Run away as fast as you can. Do not waste your youth on him.

• My youth is not being wasted on him, thank you for your concern.

• I feel for you and up voted you comment. But this is why what I posted above is so true. The goal must be legal marriage within 2 years or at least children. Otherwise people become contented.

When you marry someone, especially if they are older, you are following the stay at home life model. If you do not want to stay at home and raise children, then it is a mistake. But you must understand too you will likely be less happy and more likely to divorce if you are both the same age and both trying to pursue a career. Happiness comes from working as a team connected to the same yolk.

The problem is not that he is planning retirement. The problem is that you are planning to meet other people and not planning children with the person you are with.

Fertile and Fruitful or Nothing. Human biology is wiser than modern ideas of success. If you have both decided not to have kids, then you must both decide on how you will contribute to society using the extra freedom you enjoy.

• I mean really. Career? What do you hope to buy with the money? How do you hope to change the world by pursuing a larger paycheck?

Think of how you can benefit from his experience and use it to work for you both. He is not done yet. Perhaps something is wearing on him. You need to push in the direction of his travel and not your own. If you are married then set a goal you can share. The word Yolk is lost on people. I mean imagine you and he want to more from something toward something. It has nothing to do with age. or stage of life, and everything to with self.

My dad and all retired people who we somewhat successful, never retire for more than a year or two. You go stir crazy when you have nothing in front of you for too long. I know a multi-millionaire who sold everything along with his business and lived on a boat for two years. He is back running 20 people and advertising online trying to hire me. Don't get tripped up by the silly notion you posted.