How do I get a girl to like me if I'm shy and not that handsome?

I would like to think I have some cool interests and hobbies and I make friends easily but I'm shy around girls. I am 21 bte and never dated

Btw*

Also, a lot of girls on dating sites ignore my messages. Is this because of how I look? I don't think I'm ugly but I feel like girls dislike me a lot in terms of looks.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are very handsome in my eyes! You have nothing to be insecure about in that regard. And I'm 19 and have never dated and I think my hobbies and interests are freaking awesome too. And girls on this site don't respond because they are afraid of getting perverted messages and them wanting to start a relationship and it's not wrong of them to think that way.

Just get a little more confidence and it'll go a long way :)

• But don't change who you are just because you want girls to approach you.

What Girls Said 3

• I think you look good.
    As for how to get a girlfriend, maybe be confident and flirty. I don't know honestly

• Dont be fake for anyone. It might get her attention but u will loose it. There's a million women out there that just want an honest guy. If ur too available and try to hard its a major turnoff.

• You shouldn't think so much that just go and meet with them actually its not so hard and not end of the world just meeting girls :x

• But girls want a guy that they find attractive, no? I actually have a lot of female friends and they say I'm funny and nice but they always friend zone me. There seems to be no sexual attraction towards me and I would just like to know why I'm not good enough like all my friends are.

What Guys Said 3

• Dating websites are the worst. A LOT of the profiles are fakes created by the dating website itself to make you think people that are half normal our age use it. Others by people living abroad wanting to practice their English or scam people in the US/Canada etc. into sending them money. Others by people who have no friends and simply want someone to talk to without ever meeting up or dating.

I'm not sure how many girls you have asked out but maybe not try to focus on girls you already know very well. Maybe they see you as the "nice guy" or "friend they can count on" type of guy. Why not just walk up to girls you find somewhat attractive at your library on campus, at the mall, in a bookstore etc., tell them you just had to talk to them because you find them so cute, introduce yourself, ask them a bit about themselves and tell them about yourself, then if all goes well and they don't seem too freaked out, ask if they want to go on a date sometime and ask for their number. Then say you have to go catch up with your friends but that you'll text them soon! (People recommend waiting a day or so but I think it's better to text right away saying it was nice meeting them - your name... or say something funny like VIP number store with care - your name) :)

Don't reply right away when they do. Wait 10 min to an hour every time unless they also reply right away which is very unlikely because girls like to play games.

I'm not very good at dating either but I think you might have better luck with this than whatever you have been trying! Remember to smile and to look confident. If you don't smile, put your head down, look kind of nervous... you'll creep them out! You have to look a lot more confident than you actually are. It takes guts to walk up to random girls but you'll get used to it!

Feel free to ask any questions!

• Focus on yourself, develop a personality, practice being personable. If you pursue your own interest you will most likely meet women with similar interest and that goes a long way.

• What's your height? Sadly height is a strong factor in determining a girls interest to a guy