How do you accept the fact that maybe its not going to happen as you had hoped?

I meet this girl earlier this year at a party one night and really wanted to date her as soon as that happened. but at time she still technically had a bf although he lived far away and didn't seem to be in the picture much. so I guess at time I sort of felt I had a chance as she seemed interested in me but as summer dragged on nothing much really happened although I still liked her a lot and kept staying in touch with her and some of her gf's when I ran into them around here.

but at point now where I'm wondering if I need to accept the fact its not going to happen anytime soon and try and find someone else. I think part of problem is girl was really nice person and she didn't want to like hurt me by coming out and saying it wasn't going to happen. and she just sort of let things be and tried to be nice to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• My first relationship lasts about 5 years with my bf aka ex now. He pretty much led me on like i was nothing and treated me like a dog, flirted with other girls and the answers were right in front of my face. But I learned that he doesn't deserve me and I don't deserve him and I just had to move on with my life. My ex hurt me a lot but with those 6 months I healed although it wasn't easy but it was worth it. I wouldn't move on so quickly into dating other girls, I would just take it slow if I were you and give yourself some time and space to heal. My ex breaking up with me was a shot right in my heart, it was like having a broken leg for months. There are people out there that will you give there spare time and take the day out for you and get to know you they are just harder to find that's all. Don't let it hold you back though, open new doors and interact with other people.

What Girls Said 2

• You have to move on with your life. I've had it happen to me where I thought I had a chance with this guy but he couldn't tell me he wasn't interested which really hurt me. I would have rather him honest to say something than disappeared on me for a period of time.
    It hurt and I had my moment but you have to realize there are other people out there who'll give you their time and day for a chance to make it happen with you. You move forward with yourself, keep looking for someone else.

• i think you start looking for someone else, because if her bf live far away and she is not interested in any other guys, means she is still in love with her bf, so don't raise hope that she is going to love you

What Guys Said 1

• I guess you should just moving on with your life and if she comes around then woo hoo, but don't count on it