We've been dating for 3 mouths why hasn't he said I love you yet and we've already had sex?

everything is amazing between, he shows and tells me the way he feel , he calls me everyday everything is perfect.
but there might of been a time where we were kissing and he might of said i love you but very quietly so i dint react to it cause i didn't want to make things awaked, but I'm not 100 percent sure that's what he said. but so far are relationship is going in the right direction. were both happy with each other.

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 Months is very fast. and just because you have sex that has nothing to do with being in love.
    you cannot rush it. You are either in love or not. Granted when your young and don't really understand true love yet , I LOVE YOU gets thrown out there really fast.
    But before you say those 3 words you need to really think:
    1) can I picture my life without him in any way?
    2) if he were not in your life would you be so distraught you would feel like you would rather be dead then go on?
    if the answer isn't 1=no and 2 = yes then you are not in love
    so until you or he is at that point then it really isn't true love.

What Guys Said 3

• The idea that having sex equates love was killed in this current young generation sex has become just sex love is developed a long period of time and exists on a deeper more intimate level than just sex. The L word may never be uttered by him he has no clue what love means every thing is to casual there is no more dating and courtship its "hi i like your taste in music lets fuck"

You have a lot of work ahead of you to invest in this emotionally you may already be there he is clearly not I would cool it with the sex and work on communication intimacy and really learn all about this guy and have him learn all about you and get to a deeper intimacy where love is formed.

• You're thinking way too much about this. He's waiting for the right moment, because nowadays if we say it too soon then we're "immature". If we say it too late then we really never had feelings to begin with. He's waiting till he feels the timing is just right, because he doesn't want to screw it up.

• Saying I LOVE YOU can be very risky, and it shows that he really commits to the relationship. Its never easy to say something like that, just let him saying naturally when he is truly ready. Not everybody can say that after 3 months, some people say it after after 6 months or a year or after 2 years... even after 3 years too.

• you have make a good point thank you

What Girls Said 5

• I lost my virginity to my now fiance 5 days after our first kiss, I didn't feel like I loved him until 2 months in to the relationship and said it 2 and a half 3 months into the relationship. Everyone has their own time line. Have you said I love you yet?

• no i haven't said it yet

• Maybe you should say it first then? I said I love you first. There's nothing dictating who should say it first.

• ya i guess your right i'll just give it some time

• He could have very strong feelings for you at the moment. Love does develop over a period of time. I say let it grow and see what it may grow into! Saying you've already had sex is a big step into a relationship. But he doesn't have to love you to have sex. Like I said, he could have very strong feelings for you at the moment which may turn into love.

• Just give it time, I love you is a huge thing to say and not everyone is willing to say it right away. If everything is going perfect he may not want to mess it up if he's not sure you feel the same way. Have you ever considered saying it first?

• i have but I'm to sacred to mess things up or go to fast and ruin the relationship

• If that's how you feel then go for it! And if it ruins things then you saw his true colors. He doesn't necessarily need to say it back. My current boyfriend said it to me on our second date and it took me a few months to say it back, in my opinion if he isn't mature enough to handle hearing it he's not mature enough to be saying it.

• very well said

• Why dont you just say it first? Or confront him, maybe?

• i don't want to scare him off

• let what will happen happen! I cannot stress how this can ruin a relationship! let him have his time and I'm sure if you heard it he said it

• you have a point if i heard then he most of said it but i didn't react back cause i didn't want to make things awkward cause he said it really low