Hi I was wondering how can I get over this shyness and start a decent conversation with some girls?

hi i was wondering if y'all can help me get over this shyness i got talking to some girls i know how to make them laff and all that but im not good at all at making a conversation with them at all i get really nervous and my tongue gets twisted and i lost a lot of good friendships over the past years cause of that im almost going to graduate high school and i dont want to go to prom like a loner withought a date so im asking y'all if u can help me or give me advice to help me to talk to girls or someting :D

Most Helpful Girl

• The most cheesy advice in the book... just be yourself. We aren't like two completely different species. Just talk to a girl the same way you would a guy we don't speak a different language.

What Girls Said 1

• Just be you. Know you're not the only one nervous. After the first few words everything gets easier.

What Guys Said 3

• The only way to get better at something is by doing it, and thats what you should do here, by talking to girls more often you will get over that shyness

• Don't listen to this "be yourself" crap. "Being yourself" is why you don't talk to girls. Act like you have everything under control, and it will be. Do everything in your power to be smooth, cool and collected, have some grit. Go into it thinking "if it doesn't go well here, there's another one right down the corner". Good luck, fella.

• even if you somehow crossed the shy barrier and end up making a conversation, the women expect you to be funny and different from the other guys she is being approached, so you need to work it out and try to interact with people a lot