Do you have to fart when you pee?

i swear like 90% of the time i cannot pee without farting... does that happen to everyone? and if your in a public toilet will you just fart or will you hold it in? its kinda weird in front of strangers...

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not really. It doesn't happen to me.

What Girls Said 5

• I always fart when I pee and some of them are loud enough to wake up my family member in the morning lol.

• Lol, this question is immensely amusing.

• You're really gassy I guess lol. But yeah I think that happens a lot to me too.

• Sometimes when peeing yes a fart slips out sometimes more..

• sometimes more? you don't mean... lol

• It happens why are u worried?

• I tried to respond but I'm blocked

• Nah, I pee without farting at the same time.

• maybe its just me =/

• Ohh, maybe I shouldn't save all of my farts for the car or for the Dutch oven. I don't know.

• hahahahah wouldn't wanna be in the car with you =p

What Guys Said 5

• I have to pee when I have a build up of pee.
    I have to fart when I have a build up of gas.
    I have to poop when I have a build up of poop.
    They build up independently.
    One major difference between guys and girls is that girls benefit more from developing individual control of urethral, anal and vaginal muscles. It matters especially for childbirth. Also, some girls (who haven't learned the spread-lip technique) simply accept that when they pee there will be some self-wetting, i. e. their pee runs down their buttocks and might wet their anus, so they benefit from developing the skill to poop first, clean up, and then pee, because soggy toilet paper is useless for cleaning up poop. There are even programs for strengthening pelvic floor muscles for women, kegel exercises, and girls can even buy kegel/vaginal barbells - like a weighted dildo, and raise by flexing their pelvic floor muscles. This extra pelvic floor strength and control is why girls find it easier not to fart as much as guys.
    With guys, we have no incentive at all to have individual control of our sphincters. We just relax everything at the same time. If there's pee, we pee. If there's gas, we fart. If there's poop, we poop. We don't have any concerns about self wetting, so we all poop and fart and pee at the same time. We never have any social obligations not to fart while we're peeing either.
    On a side note, if you're self concious about gas, it would be worthwhile eating as healthily as possible, and even supplement with probiotics to take back some control over what bacteria is doing the fermenting of your food. It would also make sense to chose to sit down while peeing, because you can pull an ass cheek enough to stretch your anus - so you can fart silently. If you do let a fart rip in a public restroom - just say "Better in here than out there!" :-)

• no those 2 are irrelevant

• Once in 100times maybe I would ever fart before pee

• i don´t allways do but i can´t shit without peeing xD

• Me too, LOL :P