Is it ok for a 18 yo girl to date a 15 yo guy?

I mean I started talking to this really cute guy, and we had a connection, I first thought he was around 18-19-20, but it turned out he was 15, im so confused, i dont like boys younger than me..
Im afraid to be one of those predators who likes younger boys because I DEFINITELY AM NOT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• Well if you had sex, it'd be illegal and you could get into a lot of trouble, so I personally wouldn't risk it.

• When I was 17 I dated a girl who was 23... She knew how old I was and we had a sexual relationship even though I wasn't an adult. It depends on the situation entirely.. As long as it's consensual and you guys are both okay with it I don't see the issue. It's when parents have an issue that it becomes a problem. As long as they're cool with it, which my parents were.. (I had a lot of freedom growing up) it'll be fine. Just don't flaunt it and don't let any authority figures get the wrong idea.

• I mean when we're together he really looks older than Im, he's taller and he doesn't even look 15 at all... BUT I can't date younger guys tbh

• Well if you aren't comfortable with it then break it off. If it's a problem now it'll always be one sadly. You're moving past high school hopefully to college while he's still in high school. Now I even did independent study in high school so I could appear older for my ex. Something I regret. But it's up to you.

• It's fine. Have fun.

• it's perfectly ok

• According to law, it's not OK and can get you in serious trouble for dating/sleeping with a minor.

• I thought only if you had sex then it's bad. Like my friend is 16 and her bf is 18 and they're waiting for sex for when she turns 18. They don't wanna risk anything like him being charged for rape or whatever if her parents find outm

• Than if you can't wait 3 years than it's time to move on.

• thats the right thing to do after all

• Dude your fine. Honestly having an older girlfriend is socially acceptable. Its older guys and younger girls that people get weird about.

• Be mates but do nothing more

• i guess thats whatsup

What Girls Said 14

• it's only wrong cause he's under age... if he wanted to he could report you... so I wouldn't do that if I were you.. you never know what people will do... or even his parents could report you.. who wants to get into that type of mess... D: They tried to do that to my brother.. the girl was only 1 year younger, but she was under age and her sister was reporting him to the police.. it was awful... I'd avoid that if I were you cause you never know who will do that to you.

• Well in three years when he is 18 and you are what, 21 (?) it really won't make that much of a difference. Three years difference isn't that big of a deal if you ask me. It's just because you are both still technically teenagers. Now if you plan on having sex, that's a different story. You could be charged with statutory rape even if it is consensual. Just something to keep in mind.

• You're under 18? Apparently?

• i just fucked up in the information thing you have to fill to be a member
      im actually 18 since June

• I just accepted it. It was only 9 months for me. But after a while it became clear he wanted sex and I wanted a relationship. I'm now with someone 4 years older.
      But, it's down to mentality.

• but that's a not a big of a deal
      like i could put up with someone the same year as me (1996) but not younger so i feel you
      i kind of feel sad for those boiling teenagers hormones that some boys have, we literally sexualize everything nowadays, do you know how many times i bumped into really cute guys on the internet and they end up asking for nudes, that's disgusting and gross

• You have to check your laws before you go under the covers.

This malebait situation can get you into some serious trouble.

• No. It isn't.

• No, that could be illegal if you two have sex. You might want to look up the sex laws for your state if it gets serious.

• You couldn't find a mature one? Have fun

• it's not like that
      we talked because he was invited to the same party, so we have some siilar friends and i didn't even knew he was 15, I tought he was 19 because he appears like it, BUT THEN BANG after two hours of talking he tells me he is 15, you should have seen the disappointment face i made lol that was awkward

• so i rellay like him bur i dont knowwwwww im so confused ughh

• Seems like a good guy, why don't you give it a chance and see where it goes. You like him obviously

• no. he's too young. wait until he's older if you're that keen but he's a minor

• Why not? It's about love not age

• Wait your profile says under 18. Unless you turn 18 tomorrow I don't see how there is a problem

• İ dont like too. Boys shoul older not younger

• It's ok, but it depends, is it legal in your country?

• Very wrong and illegal

• You're over 18 now. It is dangerous.