Does anybody know why we feel attractive one day and then ugly the next?

I know it's not just me, I know it happens to a lot of people :p One day we look in the mirror and feel on top of the world. Then the next day we're just like "ugh." Today was one of those days where I felt ugly. I felt like my face didn't look right, my hair didn't look right, my clothes didn't fit right, just everything was wrong. I swear, I wanted to stay in my dorm room all day if I could >.< but what I want to know is WHY do we have this flip flopping view on our appearance sometimes?

Most Helpful Guy

• I blame society, and the ads, and Victoria's Secret!! I hear women talking in the office, every week, that they are 'bloated' or having a 'bad hair day' or some other issues!! I never, once stopped, and thought, 'wow, she looks like crap today!' I've seen some hung-over, caring for babies all night, but I never thought that they looked 'bad' or 'ugly'!!
    Women dress for each other, I think, because most guys don't know Jimmy Chu (Ha, Choo!!) or Vera Wang, shoes, or dresses and couldn't care if you are wearing a Victoria's Secret panty, or Hanes!!
    I care about them, as people, a person I know, not what they wear, or if they are having a bad day!
    Guys just adore you even when you have panty lines, or your bra-strap shows, or Gods forbid, a little of your natural hair color, at the roots!!
    Just relax, and forget your 'sister critics'!!

What Guys Said 3

• Yep , it happens.
    For some reason late at night we feel like we look our ugliest with our nose swollen 2 times in size when we look at it, we know it didn't but there we go.

• You are always your own worst critic. But I think its because different mirrors make you look different.

• Hormones dude. All teenagers have a distorted self-image weather it's positive or negative. Try to imagine you're good looking and the self insecurity will slowly fade. I do this regularly as of about a month ago as I used to be VERY self conscious. Now I'm more confident and actually just hooked up with a girl I been crushing on for a fat minute

What Girls Said 6

• I'm not sure, it probably just has to do with what our mood is and how we are feeling at that particular moment. I know when I'm in a bad mood, I always feel that I don't look decent and shouldn't even go outside. Lol Then other days I feel amazing and confident in my appearance. It's very strange.

• I'm the same way. I bug everybody when I call myself ugly lol but I think it's takes very confident people to admit they're ugly some days.

• I think it depends on how positive you are feeling

• I have this problem a lot, I blame it on my mood when I feel happy and positive I feel pretty no matter what I'm wearing etc, I believe in the saying happy girls are pretty girls!

• Depends on my mood. Also depends on how pretty people look around me.

• It depends on our moods. That's why I feel like saying affimations are important