How do I tell my friend that I really care about him? Like wanting to try the next level care?

So me and this guy have been good friends since college. I've always had a crush on him, even told him one time. But with the stuff that was goin on in his life he didn't want a relationship, which was actually true not a blow off. We've been friends for 5 years now, I've dated 3 different guys since I told him, the last two don't count much only lasted a month lol. And he's dated one girl that I know of since then, last year. He's really awesome, we've been writing letters back a forth for about a month, he currently doesn't have phone service or internet access, and by his letters I thinks his feelings may have changed. But, I don't want to come off too strong about it, or ruin our friendship over it... HELP!!!

What Guys Said 1

• So just tell him. If you two are such good friends it won't be awkward to have a talk about your feelings and what you think of him. If he really likes you back than things should progress from there. If he is not interested in you other than as a friend this could change things between you. However if you dont tell him then you will be mad at yourself for it. If you think he is worth taking the risk then do it.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him your feelings again, it does sound like those feelings are somewhat mutual. If you don't ask him you will never know how or if things could have been.

Like you I asked for, advice, I asked my Mom what I should do, I remember I was crying and all emotional, my Mom held me and told me to tell him how I felt. ( So glad she didn't tell me that I was only 15 and didn't know what I was feeling was anything but real.) I took the same chance with my best friend. I came right out and told him that I was in love with him, that I needed him to love me the same way. He admitted he felt the same way about me for a long time, he never admitted it because he was afraid to ruin it with me.