Is it okay to tell him I can't go out tonight?

I've been dating this guy I really like for a month or so. We hung out on Monday, but we don't see each other often because we both work full time and go to school. Anyway, I have a test to study for tonight and this is the only chance I've had all week to study. The test is tomorrow.
He texted me just now, at a little after 9pm asking if I want to go out and see a movie. I really want to hang out with him, but I need to study or I know I'm not going to do well.

I don't want him to think I don't want to hang out with him. I just really need to study. Is it okay to tell him that? I feel bad since we hardly ever get to hang out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. Tell him just that. Tell him you apologize for the short notice, but you must study for your test. To soften the blow sort of speak, be sure to reschedule.

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe invite him over when you take a break from studying

• He'll understand that your priorities come first. You only have one day for the test there will be other oppurtunities for him later.

What Girls Said 0