Is it bad to hagve a rule to never get back together with an ex ever?

So the way I see it if it's over it's over. Doesn't matter how they or I felt about the relationship there's just no going back. I've had people tell me that's silly and that I should at least consider it, but I don't. I mean what's the point in going back to a dead relationship right?

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Guy

• Not nesecarily. ome dealbreakers exist, like unfaithfullness, abuse, etc...
    But if you chose to break up because your lives were taking you in different directions and you both figured it would be hard to stay together, then i wouldn't mind a second try if it was REALISTICALLY possible.

So if they (or you) did something that should not be forgiven, YES.
    if you two chose to split up because life kept you separated, NO.

What Girls Said 2

• The only reason I would take an ex back is if it was just bad timing when we tried the first time. Life getting in the way, no time for each other etc.

• I think it's a very good rule. You broke up for a reason, and that is highly unlikely to change.

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly, it depends on the situation.. I'm just going through a break up myself and after a few months of not being together and me growing myself as a person, I've come to realize that I still am in love with her.. I would without a doubt go back with her and have the relationship we should've had to begin with. It depends on the situation though..

• Its never a good idea to befriends with you ex after the break up, because it would lead a confusion to your current lover. Your current lover will feel uncomfortable and assumes that you both are still actively seeing each other.

• It could work, but it depends why it didn't imho..