Did I chase him away?

Been seeing a guy. I texted him twice. Once to ask when he was coming back to town, and again a few days later just to say hi. Both were very short conversations. Do you think he felt smothered. Like, the Chase is over for him?

Most Helpful Guy

• If that chases a guy away he must be a very impatient individual.

What Guys Said 2

• The details are vague so it's hard to tell but it doesn't sound like that would make me or most guys want to run away.

• No, most guys don't think in terms of time. Two days, two weeks. Just answering is good for them. If he was chased away... he is a moron. He just doesn't see any urgency or sadly there wasn't enough chemistry.

• He's answering within a minute or two, and I'm the one who ends the convo with" have a nice day" or something like that. I'm just concerned that I was being bothersome because he hasn't initiated contact in a week. I know he's busy working out of town, so I guess I shouldn't be too concerned?

What Girls Said 2

• That is not smothering... He is either just preoccupied, not much of a texter of simply not interested... I wouldn't bet on the last one. Give it time and feel it out before you close off that relationship possibility.

• If that was enough to push him away, then he wasn't into you enough for you to waste your time with him.

I recently realized that I initiated convies with this guy I liked 4 or 5 times at the start. He kept texting.

• Yeah, he's very responsive. He sometimes asks questions to keep the conversation going & in a very timely manner. Not that I have a time limit, it's just that he literally responds within like a minute and I like that. He's just a really busy business owner, and currently out of town on business. I just don't want to annoy him and give him no incentive to hit me up when he comes back. I know I get annoyed when someone constantly texts me when they know I'm in the middle of something and want to make sure I'm showing courtesy while still subtly expressing my interest in him.

• oh then you're definitely overthinking it. So long as a guy is initiating and not in a creepy, booty-call way, then he is interested. And when a guy is interested, you have a fair bit of leeway to work with wrt what you say. most of the time we spend more time thinking about what they're thinking than they actl spend time thinknig at all. Relax :)