Feeling awful but he upset me by saying this?

Guy I'm seeing is busy with work but when I messaged him this afternoon he said he was doing the usual working on his laptop and I messaged back jokingly " can't be that bad your always on your phone " then he replied " can't be rude people message I reply , I should get tough and ignore them really should I " It felt like it was a hint at me so I messaged ok seeya , he has been messaging me saying he didn't mean me , I've ignored him ! I felt a bit upset over it and to be honest its pushed me away , I haven't replied to all his messages and I think I'm going to just move on. He always says he's busy then he's on n off whatsapp all day !! Am I being mean? Or should I just move on

Most Helpful Guy

• You're being immature and mean.
    He misread what you text, because sarcasm doesn't show over text and it's easy to miss the message. So he responded seriously. You should of set him straight that you didn't mean it like that, then he would have apologized. But you ignored him instead, so now you're in the wrong.

What Guys Said 1

• there's no science behind this one, guy's an asshole, sorry but thats all there is...

What Girls Said 1

• Men dont like it when you question them about there phones or what they do with there free time... he was being a bit mean he knew fine well you didn't mean you... but knew he had been mean and had to come back at you as though he was in wrong and if that is how he is about a joke over his phone god knows what he may be like over important issues or problems... move on and dont look back it would probs be best move ever, never hang around for any man who is the slightest bit nasty to you.