Why do high-school girls always go for older guys?

It seems that girls my age (14/15) always seem to be dating guys 3 years older than them and seem to pay no attention to guys their own age. Is their anything a guy your own age can do to "win you over"?

Most Helpful Girl

• I remember that age. We like guys who are older because, honestly, theyre stronger, older, smarter, and bigger. Since they are bigger and older we feel like they could protect us and that they could be future husband material. (that's what us females are born to look for) If you want a girl, mature up a little bit (don't act to serious or like a grandpa), but take responsibility of your actions and yourself, and act like a respectable man/guy/person.. Make her feel like you could take care of her and be her support. and don't be to cocky.

What Girls Said 6

• They do this for attention from other girls, it's a popularity thing. It depends on the guy they r in to. You should be nice to her at all times. Things go wrong like moving and going to college. She will need someone there for her

• They're just more mature. I don't know about other girls but I'd date someone my own age as long as they made me happy, but I don't ever get approached by guys my own age.

• Because at that age, girls are much more mature than 14/15 year old guys, and like the 17/18 year old guy more because they are at their maturity level. I'm 16, and I'd rather date an older guy. And no, I probably wouldn't date a guy who is 16. I don't think it's a popularity thing. It's a maturity thing.

• I'm a sophomore and I had a major crush on two seniors. And it mostly cause older guys are so much more mature. Guys in our grade aren't mature and girls like guys that can fool around but when it comes down to it they are very mature and know when enough is enough.

• I am 14 going on 15. I guess girls are too caught up on getting SOMEONE to be theirs. The oldest I would like a guy would be 16 aha

• High school guys usually aren't looking for serious relationships.
    High school girls think they're looking for a "serious relationship".
    Therefore, they go for older guys, thinking they'll fall in love and life is magical.
    Life is not magical, and many times older guys are using young girls for sex.
    Then again, a lot of high school guys use them for sex, too.
    Basically, there's no point of being in a relationship at that age.
    Especially with sex involved. That's just my opinion.

What Guys Said 1

• because boy teenagers are getting pretty dumb, generalizing here. not hating on you :D

• No, this whole "new generation is stupid" thing is complete bull shit, and based off no research or facts. not hating on you D:

• Technically we aren't dumber, if you gave us IQ tests and compared us to past generations we would score relatively the same. However, you might be correct about how we tend to live life like there is no consequences, that is a result of the change in culture, and progression of media. I would say this philosophy doesn't indicate we don't use our brain, it is just taking a different perspective on life.

• @RandomStudent only the boys around me. im positive you're smarter than they are. ^-^