Why do girls exaggerate the first kiss butterflies?

They make it out as if it's a massive deal and that you cannot/will not feel all those butterflies ever again in your life. My ex did that. So annoying like what if a better guy comes in your life and gives you a better feeling?

Most Helpful Girl

• well there's nothing to compare it to the first time... so it's so new. i think that's why it's extra special. not as much about the guy as the newness of the experience. kind of like the first time you see the taj mahal. there's -nothing- to compare it to.

• Hmm but say you finally find a man you wanna marry so thats like telling him your first kiss was so amazing that he can't even compare to it... how hurtful :/

• lol, i wouldn't talk about my first kiss with him.

• I still think it can be outdone ;)

What Girls Said 2

• I have no idea. I kind of agree with you though. If a better guy and a better kiss come in your life, then the feeling should be replaced.

• I seriously don't remember my first kiss. So I'll have to agree that it can be outdone.

What Guys Said 2

• yeah that's possible. it was their first time so they would remember how great it was, especially if its with a person they really liked and they use it as a comparison for future kisses until a better one replaces it.

• Well I am sorry for you that you did not experience the "butterfly effect" on your first kiss, the feeling of reciprocation is pretty damn awesome and satisfying.