Ladies do you like guys to buy you flowers? / Guys, do you buy flowers for your lady?

For the early part of my 25 years with my ex wife I bought her flowers from time to time. But in her late 20's she stopped wanting me to buy them saying they were a complete waste of money. She would actually get mad at me for buying them. Saying she would rather use that money toward going out for dinner or something like that.
Now that i am dating again I don't every even think of flowers because for so long I was banned from it.
What is the going thought? or is it one of those depends on the woman things?

• Yes, I love flowers or I buy flowers
  • No, I don't want flowers or I refuse to buy flowers
I bought a single rose for one woman that I dated on the 4th date. I thought it was going well so I wrote on the card "Since I met you my dreams envy my reality. I hope to become your happiest hello and your saddest goodbye. I know you are mine"

Most Helpful Girl

• i love, love love loooooove when my bf comes and gets me flowers, especially in the morning and days when it isn't our anniversary, birthday or something. Just like that

What Girls Said 11

• Not even to buy... If a man picked me little flowers from the yard (wildflowers, yes) I would be so happy. :)

• Flowers are just nice to have in general... Like @WhatKilledTheCat_ said, even wildflowers picked - they are perfect.

• I think a single rose is cute, but a bouquet of flowers feels like I'm 16 again and being forced into beauty pageants, but only ever winning 2nd place.

Sorry, I've got issues...

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, you should write poems instead. She'll feel like you put in way more effort and she can keep them and read them whenever you misses you. That or there's always chocolates! Those will probably only last a minute though lol.

• I Love getting flowers from guys! (: makes me feel special! they don't even have to be expensive ones its the thought that counts! But every girl is different

• i don't care for a bouquet. thats just over doing it and its a huge waste too.
    i like just having one. its cute and somewhat thoughtful.

• I really like them. Especially lilies and carnations. They are wonderful.

• Eh, it might be nice but they can kind of be a waste of money (then again, so is fine dining). No one has ever gotten me flowers so it would be cool if it happened at least once before I kick the bucket.

• To me flowers feel impersonal (unless he picked them himself, which is adorable). I certainly wouldn't get mad at a guy who bought me some, but if he feels strongly about buying me a gift, I'd prefer for it to be something more fitting to my personality. That's just me though, I know most girls love flowers.

• I like them, I just haven't received any because I haven't had a boyfriend yet haha. I love white roses. One is enough for me.

• I don't really like flowers... I never remember to change the water and throw them out once they're completely dead. Must be just me being a ditz though, I never pay attention to my physical surroundings (think Einstein minus the genius).

• Maybe its a woman thing. I love to recive flowers i think its thoughtfull on the mans part. I defo wouldn't get mad even if the money could be used 4 something else.

What Guys Said 1

• I've bought my girlfriend flowers before and she loved them! :) Although she always seemed to want chocolate more XD