I've fallen for an older woman!?

I met this woman in college. Her first semester was my last. I helped her in the class, and we started hanging out. We have a lot in common, and can just talk for hours. She calls me her best friend. Everytime she says that though it kinda stabs me in the heart. I'm crazy for her though. Last week we went to a baseball game and just random people asked if we were dating. A few drunk guys even told her I want to be more than just her friend. I was I'm shock! How could these completely hammered guys see how I was feeling about her? She asked me about it later, but she was too drunk for me to tell her, plus we had a concert to go to the next night, and I didn't want it to be awkward. This past week she has always been on my mind. I'm gonna come out and tell her how I feel about her, and maybe she will feel the same, and if not, I tried.

The details:
Me; 21 years old. Longest relationship 3 1/2 years. Very mature for my age, I met her best friend and talk to her a lot, but I'm not into her, like I am this woman. Not looking for sex, I'm looking for a long-term relationship

Her; 36 years old. 3 kids (14,13,9) been with 3 men her entire life. Just got out of an abusive marriage, not rich, not poor. She really cares for her kids and is just a great person all around. Same likes and interests as me.

I just need advice on what to tell her. If I didn't have these strong feelings for her I wouldn't peruse, but I'm crazy for her. She's not a person to brag about to my friends to just say I got with an older lady. I'm really into her for her, not her age!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well older women are usually kinder, more experienced , more independent, more caring, and definitely more mature. So it's understandable why you fell for her.

You just have to see if a woman like her is "genuinely" interested in you. Some only want younger guys for sex, the more open minded ones don't mind giving a shot at a relationship. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want to take the risk.

What Girls Said 1

• I would say just be yourself and say how you feel

What Guys Said 2

• Dude... bad idea. She's 15 years older and has kids, the age difference between you and her kids is smaller than the age difference between you two.

• just tell her how you feel and go from there so what she 14 years older then you me and my wife are 12.5-13 years apart she is older then me and next month we will be 13 years of marriage