Is it bad that I am 16 and have never had a girlfriend?

i have never had a girlfriend and i am turnng 16 in a few months is that bad

• yes
  • no
its just that a lot of people in my school eather had a date to homecomeing or are dating
i just got a girlfriend yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Most Helpful Guy

• All in good time, dude. I didn't have one until 19, in part because I was never really that confident in myself. It took me some time to recognize all of my strengths and to realize that I was worth being with.

You have your entire life to be attached to someone. For now, focus on yourself, get comfortable with who you are so that when you do have a girlfriend it's because she's someone who really complements you. I assure you that this will make for better relationships, and it will also make you much more attractive. Being confident and comfortable in your own skin goes a long way.

And remember this question 10 or 15 years from now when you're in a long-term relationship, and you have those moments of nostalgia for what it was like to be single :).

What Girls Said 7

• I didn't get asked out let alone have a boyfriend till I was a few months from 19. Don't worry about it.

• It's perfectly okay! I think... I'm also turning 16 in a few months and I've never even come close to dating anyone. The one time a guy actually asked for my number I fell, panicked, lost my voice, ran away, lost my shoe in an intercection and then had to carry my shoe all the way down the street. So I think you're normal, but now that I think about it I don't think I'm normal.

• Nope. I didn't get a boyfriend until 21.

• No! You 16! I didn't have a proper boyfriend until I was 19! :)

• I didn't get a boyfriend until I was 18, no worries :) Everyone gets one at their own pace, no rush. You're young, enjoy it!

• i don't think so. i am 16 and have always been single :D

• Less drama

What Guys Said 2

• I didn't get a gf until uni... don't sweat it.

• That's normal. I'm sure there are more people who haven't been in a Relationship than people who have been in one