Should I tell my best friend I love him?

I'm absolutely in love with my best friend. This past summer had been amazing. We cuddled every night until we fell asleep, he'd tickle me when I talked back, and we have amazing adventures. We tell each other "I love you" all the time, but I don't know if my love is a different type than his. We joke about getting married in the future as well. We hooked up only twice out of the three years I've known him, and both times happened this past summer, included the last night I spent with him before he left. He's in college now and it's really hard. We talk daily now and Skype a couple times a week. I'll be going to school next year, and there's a possibility it will be in the same city as his school, is, but there's also a large chance that it won't. He's by far my closest friend and he knows everything about me. Today, we skyped and he told me that he hooked up with a few girls while he was drunk last night which was his birthday. I expect him to get with girls in college, but I didn't expect it to hurt this much. I had to hold back the tears when he told me. I really want to tell him, but at the same time I don't want to risk our friendship... what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell him how you feel. You know all those romantic movies were the girl likes the guy and the guy guilds the same but neither know how to tell each other that and regret it for years. Then years later they end up together lol. Any ways just tell him that you want him to be your man

• should I wait until we're both done with school? I feel like we wouldn't be able to pursue anything right now anway but at the same time, I desperately want him to know how I feel

• thank you so much <3

• 😇 you are welcomed. Just be careful for it will hurt if it don't work 😈

What Guys Said 1

• How badly do you love him because i was the exact same way with my best friend (she even let me sneak a peak if you know what i mean) but she said it was just too awkward and broke up with me haven't talked since

• He told me that i should know what type of guy he is already and that he's unstable and selfish. He also said that even though its probably not what I want to see, he loves having me as a best friend.
      There was such an undeniable spark that I dont think it was not mutual. Do you think that once he matures and he warms up to the idea of commitment and we're both out of school that there is potential in him realizing that his initial feelings were not right?

What Girls Said 2