My boyfriend doesn't have time for me?

Okay, I need advice. My boyfriend has been.. different lately. It's been about 2 weeks since we've hung out outside of school and about a week since he's texting me properly, I guess. I see him at school for, about 2 hours. We have a class together (can't really talk since we, you know.. actually need to do our work) and he spends about half his lunch with me (the other half he spends with his friends, which I'm perfectly okay with). He doesn't message me anymore. I always have to be the one messaging him first, and he usually just stops replying after an hour or so.
His excuse is because he's always busy with school work and his music. I understand that, 100% .. but the thing is, he can make time for friends and he can make time to go to a concert, but he can't make time for me. He can text other people, but he can't text me. I also mentioned him not spending time with me and he said "I try. Maybe I don't try hard enough, but I try."
I just need to know if you guys think I'm overreacting? maybe I've become too clingy? I tend to over think things so yeah.

What Guys Said 1

• He should be able to make time for you. Have you tried not texting him? It may provoke a reaction.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, I would really guard your heart right now, sweetie. I used to date this guy and about a month or two into the relationship this sorta of thing started happening and he eventually broke up with me... You always make time for the things you love. I would really advise you to sit him down and have a heart-to-heart conversation about it face to face. You need to express what you're feeling to him. If he can't make time for you, you should think about ending it. There are so many people out there who will see your value and will do absolutely anything to make time for you and make you feel special. When I was in this situation, I definitely felt unappreciated. There will be guys that will make you feel like a princess everyday and you won't ever have to worry about them wanting space because you'll know they adore you. You deserve someone who makes a huge effort to be with you, because they know you're worth it. Because you are :) Feel free to message me with any other questions you may have or if you just want to talk about it!