I have been sober for a few months now and another alcoholic asked me out on a date. Confused on what I should do?

I have been sober for a few months now and another alcoholic asked me out on a date. I am scared guys/girls in your opinion would you go out on the date or not?

Sorry to be more clear he is clean too, but I am sadly leaning toward thinking that I need to stay focused and not date until I have put in a year of staying sober.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think right now is not a good time for dating at all especially someone that currently indulges. While you have been sober for a few months you are far from cured. Dating someone while your still working on yourself isn't really good for the staying clean part. Its better if you focus on yourself for at least 6 months. Speaking from experience and by the way congratulations.

What Guys Said 2

• If you are still struggling with your addiction and temptation of alcohol still needs to be avoided, you need to tell this guy that you cannot be around drinkers yet as you are still working on being sober.

Good for you btw!

• Skip it.

Most recovering alcoholics have a real hard time when they're with someone who's off the wagon.

A potential date is not worth it. How hard would it be to see someone using in your house if you were married to them? Why date if you can't see a future in it?

What Girls Said 1

• You should decline, no matter how appealing this person may be to you, you need to put yourself and your wellbeing first.