Hopeless romantic guy-not sure what to think?

I just matched with a new guy on Tinder yesterday and we started chatting. We talked about our interests and hobbies and it turned out we have a lot in common. He got really mushy really quickly; telling me that I'm perfect and his dream girl and he thinks I'll complete him. We haven't even met in person yet.

It's flattering and a refreshing change compared to most of the other guys on Tinder, but it feels a bit too good to be true because I'm not used to this kind of behavior from guys, especially guys like him (he's a handsome college athlete.) I doubt he's just saying these things to get me to hook up with him, since he lives far away enough where random sex would be impossible without plane tickets.

Guys, what do you think of this behavior? Is this much mushiness this soon normal, or is there something wrong with this guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a hopeless romantic and that doesn't sound like anything I'd say, I might think it but I'm rational enough to think "okay your being stupid patience" IF he is saying it I would take a big step back and reply a lot less often, see if he gets the hint. Otherwise, I'd move past. It's tinder, he is probably just be looking for easy pickings.

What Guys Said 7

• That's too much, he's showing signs of extra clingyness... i wouldn't date him if i were you... but... then again... it's tinder... you do what you want... just know that he's doing toooooo much toooooo soon. I'd never tell a girl all that.

• You met the guy online. Waste of time and energy. Get out and meet guys in your area who you can assess in person. It's the only way to go. Online dating is for the birds.

• You just met him yesterday? and he's already talking likes he's in love?

How do you feeling about him? If he makes you happy, then go for him.

• Uh I'm like that too but I think it's too early to be coming onto you like that but I think he's sincere

• I'll take "Desperate Flattery" for $1000.

• Oh well I never been in a relationship so I wouldn't know females never give me a chance

• Hopeless romantic in the sense that he's never been with a girl before?

What Girls Said 1

• Thats cute, what i found cringe was when he said you're perfect and his dream girl without actually meeting but other than go for it. Its hard to actually find a genuine guy.