Would you date a guy with an arrest record?

Let's say an ex wife accused him of violence and got him arrested and brought to court. He was found not guilty) but he will always have a criminal record.

You don't know the story from her side. Only his which is that his ex "made many terrible lies about him and got him in trouble for no reason"

Would this alarm you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Possibly. Take it slowly.
    If things progress OK I believe you can get that type of arrest record expunged. That depends on the state. In Illinois it is completely removed including fingerprints. In Arizona (as silly as this reads) a Judge will make a comment "not to be used against this person." Once it's been read it's still like trying to unring a bell.

What Guys Said 4

• Get a copy if you are worried. Then you can read for yourself. Sometimes it's a pack of lies and that comes out in court. Sometimes it's not. You likely don't want to be with the guy if it's not.

• Well, he was found not guilty of abusing a ex-wife
    you need to do background checks on this guy yourself
    Why can't he get the criminal record abolished
    These are things you need to look into

• he was found not guilty... i trust the courts over an exs word XD...

• Huh? How can he STILL have a criminal record, if he gets cleared of all charges and is found to be 'not guilty'? What kind of twisted law is this?

• I think the arrest is always there but the outcome of the case will say not guilty

• Yeah right, but people get arrested for very silly matters such as 'jaywalking'. So arrests don't really count as 'criminal records', because those 'pigs' called cops afdten arrest people just to show that they're powerful.

Anyway, as a man I can say that an 'arrest record' would not deter me from dating a woman, unless its was a serious crime and she was convicted of the charges.

What Girls Said 4

• Oh hell no !!! It's a red flag either way

• I would not since its too risky

• Yes it would alarm me.

• the guy would always say, she's a crazy bitch. or whatever. that's what my ex say to every girl he meets.
    before he would just break stuffs, especially my stuffs. the first time he landed his finger on me was the time i told the side chick that were still together and i still live there. and then he dragged me, sit on my ribs and spit on my face. i called 911. i had him arrested for domestic violence. and then because im too forgiving, we got back together, i got pregnant. he didn't physically hurt me for a very long timr throughout the pregnancy. he just breaks stuffs and emotionally abusing me. then i got pregnant again, he started hitting me again on my arms or legs while pregnant, he even punch him me in the head. i warned him that if he's gonna hit me again im gonna call the cops and he will never see his kids again. (the reason why he's hitting me? simple. im just telling him that he already got a family and he is always out every weekend with his friends, and spends money. without thinking we need it. i never nag, i always tell it nicely. but it seems friends are more important than his family)

so.. i wouldn't date a guy who has a history of being a abuser. they dont change. even if they go on therapy.

ask a guy if he ever hurt a pet or animal when he was a kid. that is a sign, i asked him that before. im just blindsided with love