Age difference, when is it ok?

I'm 17 and he's 25. Would you say that's a problem?

Is it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Firstly, it may be illegal in a lot of places. Secondly, that's a large age difference due to life experiences at the time. You haven't even left high school, while he may have been out of college for 3 years. Things change drastically after high school, in college, and out of college. I don't even recognize the person I was at 17, and definitely would not have been able to relate to or date on equal footing, a 25 year old guy.

• 17 is legal age in most places. Again, why are people so damn hung up on age differences. This is 2014, as some people say.

• As a guy, I would expect you not to get it. You have no fear in dating situations for the most part. As a female who thought I was VERY mature, I'd gotten played and used by a few older guys. Now that I'm in their age group, the majority of my friends would tell me that no guy our age (in mid 20's) would date a high schooler unless he was desperate or taking advantage.

• This also becomes a non-issue for her in a few years. I now have dated much older guys and it's a different experience. I'm not so vulnerable and unaware. At 17? She has no life experience. She's never been on her own.

What Guys Said 7

• if you're a minor where you reside and you're doing sexual things yeah its a problem. and it looks bad but in reality it could be completely normal but that all depends on you two.

• Yes depending what state or country your living in that could be a felony charge of Statutory rape or worse Child molestation if you guys are having sex and if your sending nude semi pics to each others phones or computers again depending on the country or state you live in both of you could be charged with the production and distribution and receiving child pornography.

• As long as it's legal where you're at, it's fine as long as you both know what you want and are at the same stage in life.

I say this when I was 26 and she was 18. I knew she wanted fun and all and I'm just not that guy. Boy it was difficult to stay away since we worked at the same place at the time.

• ofcourse its not a problem... don't listen to all the mindless twats on this site, just play life smart.

• He sounds like a sad pedo to me

• It's ok to me

• Why not :P

What Girls Said 6

• It's illegal that's why it's a problem. But once your of age age is just a number who cares. I'm three years older then my
    Bf I started dating him when he was 15 I was 18 but his parents were fine with it so it wasn't a big deal.

• It's always okay if everyone is an adult.

• you're both legal so I don't see a problem

• The only issue is that legally, having sex with him before you're eighteen is considered statutory rape. That's the law but if you can wait there's nothing wrong with it as long as it's consensual

• Hmm... 8 years difference it depends on what the guy is like whether he expects a lot or really sweet and caring if he's a douchebag I wouldn't bother but it's upto you, it's your life you have to find out for yourself whether its right or not!! Good luck :)

• He's an adult. And perverted. Also it's illegal. And morally wrong... (in my opinion) If he was 1-2 years older then I think that's ok but he's too old!